Finding odd logo

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
sheppy99

Finding odd logo

Post by sheppy99 »

One of our TV channels has started putting details of the next program next to the logo in the same very dim logo font. This is playing havoc with logo detection when they do it as it doesn't appear at exactly the same time as the logo. Setting logo_max_percentage_of_screen to 0.008 stops it finding the incorrect logo, and allows it still to work when the correct logo is present. Unfortunately it also means NO logo is found when the logo + writing is present. I've tried setting ignore_left_side to get rid of the writing next to the logo which allows it to find the correct logo, but this means it doesn't seem to process most of the screen.
Is there an easy way around this problem?
Is there a way of getting ignore_left_side to only work during the logo finding phase?
I could use different ini files and run comskip twice, but as these are 1080i files being background processed on a 5 year old CPU I'd rather not if there is a better way
erik
Site Admin

Re: Finding odd logo

Post by erik »

If the logo on this channel is always at the same place I suggest to let comskip learn the logo and then use the learned logo for new recordings.
sheppy99

Post by sheppy99 »

Will see if it's static - is there any documentation on editing a logo file to make sure it's accurate
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

You can open a logo file in any text editor and remove (change characters to spaces) the wrongel pixels.
Best if you edit in overwrite instead of insert mode to ensure you do not change the number of characters per line.