Erik - Help w/Detection ?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
marvin-miller

Erik - Help w/Detection ?

Post by marvin-miller »

Hi Erik!

I've got a series that I record off one channel and sometimes comskip is perfect and other times it misses all commercials. I'm not sure why because it's about 20% of the recordings from that channel, for the same program, that it misses them all. Don't know if the broadcaster is doing something odd or ?

Anyway, I'm uploading one of the recordings to One Drive. Any chance you could download it and check it out yourself and make some recommendations?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Erik - Help w/Detection ?

Post by erik »

Yes
Do add your comskip.ini and a .ref files with the start/end frame numbers of the commercials as described in the "how to ask for help" post
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

Hi Erik!

Much thanks for the reply. I will certainly donate something for the help as it's overdue anyway :mrgreen:

The video file can be found here;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApAmEhsAok5xq19xwUrdTOtbiFd9

The zipfile containing all the small files can be found here;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApAmEhsAok5xq2C0HDDvAM-H6J9D

I used videoredo to manually create the cutlist and added it to the .ref file as requested.

This could be a tough one? BTW, I'm using 092 as it's much faster then the latest release on H.264 (sorry about that!)
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Try

max_volume=50
min_silence=5
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

That seems to be working very well but it is cutting off the introduction of the shows (opening credits/scene). Any ideas on how to keep that in there?

It's very impressive otherwise! :mrgreen: I sent in a contribution earlier :)
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Use the "always_keep_first_seconds"
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

erik wrote:Use the "always_keep_first_seconds"
I'm working with that and not having any real success. If I set it to 30 seconds it just keeps 30 seconds and then cuts after that. So it seems this would only be useful if you knew the length of the opening scene.

Is there some way to tell it to ignore commercials for the first x seconds at the start of a recording? That would probably be a lot more useful in this situation.