81_094 finishing before recording is complete

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
Hoiman

81_094 finishing before recording is complete

Post by Hoiman »

I'm having a problem with Comskip running too fast and finishing before the recording has completed. I use DVRMSToolbox in conjunction with Comskip.

I recently refreshed the machine handling the Comskip duties a few weeks ago, and I updated Comskip to 81_094 and re-ran it against my full Recorded TV library. Comskip ran just fine against the existing recordings. 90% of the commercials were identified correctly.

However, as the weeks progressed, I began to notice a lack of commercial skipping for any new recordings. I dug into the details/logs and noticed that Comskip (81_094) was consistently "completing" before the recording was finished recording. Most times, Comskip would run so quickly none of the commercials would be identified. Many times, only the first commercial was identified. Comskip is running on an i5 2320 (3ghz/core). I tried tests with thread_count set to 1 as well. Same results.

I was able to re-run Comskip (81_094) against the shows once recording was completed, and all the commercials would correctly identified. Oddly enough, DVRMSToolbox reports the "quicks" runs as failures, but there are not errors in the Comskip logs.

I then downgraded Comskip to 81_069 and re-ran the same scenario. And, Comskip ran much slower during the recording (as expected), and the XML was generated within 2 minutes of the recording completing, and all commercials were correctly identified.

It seems as though some of the improvements in the 09X versions have possibly caused an issue with real-time scanning.

@erik - I've sent all the appropriate log files to your email.

I've tried adjusting the "retires" and "standoff" (even though I know "standoff" has been retired).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-- Hoiman
erik
Site Admin

Re: 81_094 finishing before recording is complete

Post by erik »

I noticed something strange in the log file.
Will need to investigate
Any chance I can get one of the failing recordings? Preferably a short one.
Hoiman

Post by Hoiman »

erik wrote:I noticed something strange in the log file.
Will need to investigate
Any chance I can get one of the failing recordings? Preferably a short one.
I've sent you a link in a PM. Keep in mind that this issue occurs on any of the recordings that 81_094 runs real-time scanning against.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I did not receive your PM
Hoiman

Post by Hoiman »

erik wrote:I did not receive your PM
Here ya go:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HJO ... mk3YTA2VUk

edit: Link corrected.