Comclean questions...

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
pcon2009

Comclean questions...

Post by pcon2009 »

Where can I find Comclean3 or Comclean4? The file downloads link (http://www.kaashoek.com/files/) lists only Comclean and Comclean2, with a 0KB sized Comclean3.bat and nothing for Comlean4.

I am currently trying to use Comclean2, but have had some problems with Cuttermaran crashing, so I will be trying Comclean (Comclean1?) as well. However, is there a better solution than using any of the Comcleans? In the past I have used MCEBuddy to kick off Comskip but it takes quite some time, and I end up converting the files again afterwards to suitable codecs/formats. After switching from WinTV to NPVR for the actual recording, I have now implemented ffmpeg to take care of the video conversions/processing via PostProcessing.bat and I would like to get the comercials cut out using command line methods as well, just have not had much luck with Comclean or Comclean2.

When I need to do manual cutting, I use avidemux, which I believe has command line support, and unlike cuttermaran is still a supported piece of software (cuttermaran latest is 8 years old, I believe). Perhaps someone could help me with using something like this as a solution?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Comclean questions...

Post by erik »

The .edl output can be used with ffmpeg to remove whatever has been identified, either using no decoding/encoding for quick processing or combined with transcoding.
pcon2009

Re: Comclean questions...

Post by pcon2009 »

erik wrote:The .edl output can be used with ffmpeg to remove whatever has been identified, either using no decoding/encoding for quick processing or combined with transcoding.
That would be perfect, actually, since I am already using ffmpeg for final conversions and it seems to work well for that. Is there a guide on how exactly to implement this, somewhere? I am not very familiar with using ffmepg directly (yet) as I used to use a GUI for everything (MCEBuddy, SUPER for conversions, etc) and am now trying to do away with some of these apps in order to better automate everything.