Set Time Limit?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
ThePaladinTech

Set Time Limit?

Post by ThePaladinTech »

Hi -

Is there a setting that can limit how long comskip will work on file? I'd like to have comskip 'give up' after a time I set. I've had bad recordings bring comskip to it's knees and days later I notice nothing is getting processed and when I look into it... comskip is still running an a bad recording from a day or more ago.

So is this possible?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Set Time Limit?

Post by erik »

Currently not
ImCoKeMaN

Post by ImCoKeMaN »

you could probably put it in a wrapper script to launch it in the background and monitor if it finishes/kill it after a time. Check Stackoverflow google search results =)

Another thought, I wonder if you could get a sample to post the video with the logs so that it may be able to be debugged as to why it makes it crash
ThePaladinTech

Post by ThePaladinTech »

Well next time it happens I could do that. AFAIK it's always been when the cable went out.. so the file starts with video, and then somewhere inside the cable drops. I think the error was something like "Panic Volume=0" - over and over.
mogulman

Post by mogulman »

I have a powershell script that runs using Windows task scheduler every night at 12am.

#kill comskip if it is hung
if (Get-Process comskip| where { $_.StartTime -lt (Get-Date).AddHours(-5)} ) {
# PowerShell Kill Process
$process = Get-Process comskip
$process.Kill()
}

Basically it kills any Comskip processes that started more than 5 hours ago.