Plex recommendations

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
kdurigan

Plex recommendations

Post by kdurigan »

After many years using Mediacenter with Comskip, I gave up on the platform several years ago and lived with commercials using Xfinity's Stream app. I finally cut the cord, went OTA using HDHR Flex 4k and Plex as my DVR. I was happy to see that under the hood Plex is using Comskip, so I had hoped for features such as live TV processing, and automatic non-destructive commercial skipping like I had back in the day with Mediacenter. I figured I would start with this group to see if there are recommendations for running Comskip in the Plex environment. Currently, I am running Plex as a add-on to homeassistant so it is really running Plex in a Linux Docker container. If there is a doner version of Comskip that runs in this kind of environment that would be great, otherwise I can move Plex to a Windows machine if it has all of the features I want.

Does anyone have any advice on how to configure Comskip for Plex and if it can be run in a Linux Docker container?

Also, I cannot seem to login to the doner site to download the paid version. Has the site moved from http://www.kaashoek.com/donators/ or do I just need to have my access reset?

Thanks in advance.
AlphaZulu

Re: Plex recommendations

Post by AlphaZulu »

I can't help you with the Plex configuration (I use MCEBuddy), but the donor site URL you have listed is correct.
kdurigan

Re: Plex recommendations

Post by kdurigan »

Thanks AlphaZulu.

Erik, can you help me regain access to the doner site? I also am not sure if the Plex Pass version is the donor version - do you know?