Give up on LiveTV, setting for previous recorded?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
mogulman

Give up on LiveTV, setting for previous recorded?

Post by mogulman »

Ok... I'm giving up on Livetv, it just never seems to work well for me. It's been years since I used Comskip without the livetv flag. Just making sure I have it right....

So I change Comskip.ini to livetv=0.
Then I change DVRMStoMpeg settings...rather than waiting to start processing using sleep timer (I had 25 minutes), I should change the File Watcher wait time to 10 minutes. So that processing doesn't happen until 10 minutes after the show is done recording.

Is that all there is to it?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Give up on LiveTV, setting for previous recorded?

Post by erik »

Make sure comskip is started AFTER the recording is finished.
That's all
setting live_tv=0 reduces waiting time and out being created, good to change but no hard need
mogulman

Re: Give up on LiveTV, setting for previous recorded?

Post by mogulman »

Damn... it's been so long.. I don't know how to have DVRMS-Toolbox start after the show is completed. I figured file watcher setting of 10 for Wait time would work. The definition in DVRMS toolbox mpeg settings is to wait until 10 minutes after a show stop being written. A show starts recording at 12:00 and Comskip is starting at 12:15, but the show is an hour long.

Hmm.... Anyone have some good settings for DVRMS toolbox or some other tool?