Limit "uniform color" detetion to a portion of the scene

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
markn62

Limit "uniform color" detetion to a portion of the scene

Post by markn62 »

A static logo is present during show and commercial so can't use logo detection. However, there is a portion of the scene that changes very little during "show" but changes a lot during a "commercial". So is there a way to limit detection of a "uniform color" change to a portion of the scene, rather than the entire scene, like can be done with logo finding?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Limit "uniform color" detetion to a portion of the scene

Post by erik »

Can you get me such a recording?
markn62

Post by markn62 »

Sure. Below is a link of a 5 min commercial with a minute of show before and after. I would like to target the light grey rectangle with black text as the top banner by limiting the portion of the scene by cropping the 720p by 540px-top, 300px-l/r, & 97px-btm.

Re: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m77lawf6r9cdvfp/TheFiveSample.ts?dl=0
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

The grey part turns out to have a gradient to prevent it from looking dull.
This defeats the option t detect by uniform.
markn62

Post by markn62 »

Thanks Erik for your response. This program changed it's format last week to make it even more difficult to comskip. It use to have a static banner only during the show. Can you suggest any other possibilities for me to explore, to detect the show in it's new format per the sample? I tried out my ideas for several hours yesterday and no luck.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

No easy fix.
May a combination of the logo detection to find the statics parts of the screen during commercials and use these as clue
But for a single channel I'm not very motivated to implement......
markn62

Post by markn62 »

I thought only logos during the show could be used. I could use the background on the right or left side of the screen, as a logo, during commercial as the commercials aren't scaled but windowed. But, as I understand it, comskip would then harvest out the shows and leave the commercials. Is there an inverse setting I don't know about?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

No, not yet