Comskip Download Question

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
maelwys

Comskip Download Question

Post by maelwys »

Greets,

I've been using Comskip on an old machine running GBPVR and recently decided to rebuild and reinstall everything. Unfortunately, the latest Comskip file doesn't appear to be available on the download page. Am I completely missing it?

Cheers,
Maelwys
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

No, Comskip downloads will not be available for some time.
maelwys

Post by maelwys »

Drat!

Is there any chance someone has a recent installer laying about and could email it to me? Or is there a more critical reason why the downloads aren't available?

Cheers,
Mael.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I have been made aware that I was not complying with the GPL rules in an acceptable way.
To avoid any further problems I decided to remove all comskip distributions from my server untill I have found a way to be GPL compliant with an acceptable effort.
maelwys

Post by maelwys »

sniff... :cry:

I'm sorry to hear about that erik .... seems that lawyers always gotta mess with something that works just fine.

Cheers,
Mael.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

The distribution zip file is back again.
Happy downloading :D
jksmurf

Post by jksmurf »

Erik

Out of interest only, (just say if you'd rather not say), what was the possible violation of GPL rules?

k.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Lets just say that I should have put some more effort into complying instead of only doing development and providing support.
Its solved now so lets close the discussion.