Comskip for Sage setup question

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
wayner

Comskip for Sage setup question

Post by wayner »

I have used an earlier version of Comskip in the past for Sage via ComskipMonitor.

I am now setting up Comskip to run via SageJobQueue(SJQ) and I will have more flexibility when it comes to file processing. I also plan to donate so that I will have access to comskipping H.264 files (I have an HD-PVR).

Is there any point in setting up SJQ to have different processes to start off SJQ for MPG vs. H.264 files?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Comskip for Sage setup question

Post by erik »

Better ask this question at the Sage forum.
For comskip there is no difference
But running multiple instances of comskip may result in better loading of a dual or quad core
wayner

Post by wayner »

erik wrote:Better ask this question at the Sage forum.
For comskip there is no difference
But running multiple instances of comskip may result in better loading of a dual or quad core
Would there be any reason to start comskip with different parameters for SD vs. HD files? That would be another reason.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Yes,
There are situations where you would like to use other settings for HD content then for SD content.
But that is something you have to discover yourselves as I receive many reports that the default ini file works for both SD and HD