DVRMStoMPEG hangs with Comskip

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
innesst

DVRMStoMPEG hangs with Comskip

Post by innesst »

I am using Comskip (ver 79_111) with DVRMSToolbox (ver 1.2.0.9) in Vista 32 premium to skip commercials only. DVRMStoMPEG will properly call Comskip and Comskip will properly run and output the XML (in live mode). Comskip will then close. However, DVRMStoMPEG will continue to run. This happens 2 out of 3 times I record something.

The log files show that Comskip finishes properly. The DVRMStoPEMG logs, however, are missing the "Finished Commercial Detectection" line when DVRMStoMPEG fails to exit.

I reviewed the log files from two Judge Judy's (no making fun) that recorded back to back. The first DVRMStoMPEG log is complete for the first one but not for the second. One difference I can see in the Comskip log file is that the logo for the first is nice but the logo is pretty bad for the second (and logo detection was disabled by the software). Other than that, I can't see any difference in the log file. They both end sucessfully.

I previously had a problem with Comskip not writing the XML. but I switched it to live - it now works. If I understand this right - under the standard configuration that comes with DVRMSToolbox - Comskip doesn't write the XML, rather it is called by DVRMStoMPEG after Comskip has ended and returned control (therefore I think the problem is with Comskip not ending properly). See image:

This image is of running processes showing DVRMStoMPEG still running with no Comskip:

Excerpts of logs follow from a time where DVRMStoMPEG didn't close):

Comskip (no making fun of the show):
...snip...

Queue file
Duration = 00:01:01.0430000
Waiting to process...
Processing now...
Scan with Comskip
Using comskip
Running comskip this may take a while.
Run C:\Program Files\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\comskip.exe "R:\Recorded TV\Judge Judy_WJBK_16_11_2007_15_59_02.dvr-ms" "C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml"

AND NOTHING ELSE

And from Comskip:

#############
Generated using Comskip 0.79.111
Time at start of run:
Fri Nov 16 16:00:03 2007
#############

...snip...

55665 Frames Processed
#################
Time at end of run:
Fri Nov 16 16:32:32 2007
#################

Let me know if it would help to see more of the Comskip log since it's very long. I do note 3 instances of:
unknown asf object (not loaded)

right after the settings.

Thanks for your help!
I am posting this at the DVRMStoolbox also.