renaming problem

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
jonny

renaming problem

Post by jonny »

I just got my whole gbpvr/comskip setup working perfectly together, but now i have found a new problem:

I am using the recordingsmanager utility in gbpvr to rename the recorded file to a format like this:

Lost - s##e## - Fire Plus Water.mpg

The term before the first "-" is the name of the program, the middle term is just a place holder as I go back and replace the ## with the season number and episode number manually later, and the last bit is the episode name.

The problem is, I have comskip output a womble cut list so i can cut out commercials later on. The cut list has the name of the original file in it--the one that gbpvr named it.

So, my question is: is it possible to either make the output filename configurable, or at least have a copy of comskip made especially with this file format in mind?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
jonny

Post by jonny »

alright, i fixed my own problem, sorry to bother the board with it. I wrote a batch script file to replace the name in the cut list with the new name. If anyone else wants a copy of the batch file, let me know.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I looked into this but there is no neat solution.
The only option is to make the womble filename as the second parameter for comskip so you can rename the input filename for womble to a fixed name, use womble, and write to the intended name.
Its not a neat solution therefore I did not propose it.
jonny

Post by jonny »

no problem erik, thanks for looking into it. My solution isn't pretty either, but it works...:D