FAQ

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
erik
Site Admin

FAQ

Post by erik »

This is the start of a yet very small FAQ list

Question: I donated but did not yet receive the link to the early access area
Answer 1: Processing donations is a manual process and I may be in a different timezone (sleeping) or away from the computer so it can take some time.
Answer 2: The email ended in your SPAM folder
Answer 3: The info was send to the email address you registered with paypal but you no longer monitor that email address.

Question: I got the link to the early access area but I can not login
Answer: For unknown reasons some browsers can not login. Try another browser

Question: I upgraded Comskip in MCE and now MCE is no longer able to see the identified commercials
Answer1: Open C:\Program Files (x86)\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\comskip.ini with a text editor. Look for the line that says output_dvrmstb=0 and change it to output_dvrmstb=1 and then save the file as comskip.ini
Anwers2: The proper way to make DVRMSToolbox wait is by going into DVRMStoMPEGSettings and then clicking on the File Watcher tab. Look for the field called Wait Time (Min) and change it to 10 minutes. Restart your computer.

Question: Where can I find how to install and configure DVRMSTB (commercial skipping on Windows MCE)
Answer: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12486/ho ... ia-center/

Question: How to I tell Comskip to output the files needed for Live TV processing.
Answer: Set live_tv=1 in Comskip.ini

Question: Comskip is bogging down my system as it uses 100% of the CPU
Answer: Set play_nice_start=0000 and play_nice_end=2359 to reduce the Comskip load

Question: I live in the USA, should I use the USA specific settings?
Answer: No, they are kept for historic reasons and not tested for a long time. Use only on your own risk.

Question: Comskip finds the logo of the previous show but not the different logo of the actual show
Answer 1: Ad/set give_up_logo_search=3000 or even higher
Answer 2: Set/add two_pass_logo=0 in your comskip.ini

Question: Comskip incorrectly finds a logo at the bottom of the screen or can find the logo at all (Logo to big)
Answer: Set/add subtitles=1 to skip logo finding in the bottom half of the screen.

Question: Comskip incorrectly finds a logo at the top of the screen or can find the logo at all (Logo to big)
Answer: Set/add logo_at_bottom=1 to skip logo finding in the top half of the screen.

Question: Comskip generates the .txt files but I do not need them as I use .edl or some other format.
Answer: Set/add output_default=0

Question: Where do I put the updated comskip.exe when using DVR-ms toolbox
Answer: It is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\DVRMSToolbox\Applications. Copy the new comskip.exe to that folder overwriting the old version.