Still skipping the trailers and ABC in the US

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
kirschey

Still skipping the trailers and ABC in the US

Post by kirschey »

I tried reconfiguring Comskip to not skip the traillers at the end of the shows, but it seems to anyway. Any help would be apprechiated.

Also almost every channel now marks perfectly accept of ABC in the US. I am not sure what to change as to not mess up the good settings of all of the other channels. ANy tips?

Thanks a bunch!
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I assume that you have read the other posts so this should not come as a suprise.

Please follow the procedure outlined here
http://mk.kaashoek.com/comskip/viewtopic.php?t=34

There are simply too many possible causes so its not possible to "suggest" something without real information.

It is essential that you send me along with the .csv file the corrected .txt file, otherwise it will take me too much time to gues how you want the comskip output to be, and I will probably gues wrong.

And understand, I like to receive the difficult .csv files because they do extend my testing environment.
kirschey

Post by kirschey »

Sorry about the delay. I have the Verbose file, but for the correct commercials, how would I play back the file to get the proper frame?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

You can use mpegvcr or the trial version of videoredo to find the frame numbers
Comskip can also be used to find the frame numbers.
run comskip with the -w switch to activate the debug window or run comskip on the generated .txt file.

Suppose the mpeg file was named c:\temp\video.mpg
Then you run comskip from the directory where it resides as
comskip "c:\temp\video.mpg"

Once that is run you have the c:\temp\video.csv and c:\temp\video.txt
Then you run
comskip "c:\temp\video.txt"
Hit F1 for help on the keys you can use.
Click with the mouse on the timeline (top part of the window) to position in the file
Edit the commercials (the black parts of the timeline) so they are correct.
Write the edited commercials ('w' key)
Rename c:\temp\video.txt to c:\temp\video.ref so I know you did manually correct it.
Send me in a mail the c:\temp\video.csv and c:\tem\video.ref, zip them if required due to size. I can receive big mails.