How to switch of auto skipping

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
TWHH

How to switch of auto skipping

Post by TWHH »

Hi there,

I'm confident there is a very quick answer here, so apologies in advance.

I have Comskip and PyeTV installed on my Mac Mini (have disc for, but not yet upgraded to from Leopard to Snow Leopard) . I use an Elgato tuner and software to record TV shows but I am noticing that Comskip often incorrectly marks commercial breaks - often thinking there are breaks were there are not (sometimes during broadcasts from the BBC who have not commercials - not in the UK anyway).

I don't want to uninstall Comskip as it can act as a good guide to where breaks might be, and give an indication to ad break frequency (it sometimes misses breaks altogether) in a long movie recording. However I would like to set the default for auto skipping during playback to be off.

Having slightly changed my TV/Mac Mini controls around slightly I am now watching most recordings directly via EyeTV's software rather than through Front Row, in which case I don't get to turn ComSkip off before commencing playback.

Please can somebody advise me on how I switch auto skipping off when playing back either direct from EyeTV3 software or via Front Row.

I'm not very tech/Terminal orientated so will need a Janet and John style set of instructions :)

Many thanks