How to Set the logo detect start position

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
pitti

How to Set the logo detect start position

Post by pitti »

Is there any way to force comskip to start the Logo detection after 20 Minutes
and then when found then go back to the start and begin with this logo
The give_up_logo_search Option does not work the documented way.

My Problem is that in my TV Recordings is a start padding of 10 or 15 min
Comskip detects the Logo in the show before the recorded show and uses this Logo. So in the correct show no Logo is detected. After the time defined in the give_up_logo_search option it detects the right logo and restarts scan.
This makes the detection process unnecesary long. I think to avoid this the best think is to tell comskip to search for the logo in the middle of the recording and then start the scan from start of the recorded file

Thanks for your help
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

That is a good suggestion.
To rephrase.

Add a parameter such as
delay_logo_detection=20
forcing the logo detection algorith to start only after 20 minutes.
and when found start to rescan the whole recording with the detected logo.

Should everything before 20 minutes be skipped so all detection starts after 20 minutes for the first logo detection?
I assume no because if no logo then you just continue the scanning.
pitti

Post by pitti »

Thanks for your fast answer.

No, I think best is to skip anything before.
STart Scan for a Logo at the defined starting Position and when found within the with "give_up_logo_search" defined value, restart the scan from the begin of file with the found Logo. If no Logo is found, also start from the begin with no Logo algorithm. So the scan will allways be done with the correct Logo, if present.

Edit: An Other problem that would be fixed with this method is when you have a large end padding in the recording, larger then give_up_logo_search
comskip redetects the Logo of the Show after the recorded show and restarts scanning with the wrong logo.
pitti

Post by pitti »

pushed
FluffyRedLobster

Post by FluffyRedLobster »

Curious if this (or anything like it) ever made it into comskip?

I have softpadding on my UK tivo, which means for channels such as FX UK that only broadcast their logo during the show (great!), I need to delay logo analysis until the show has actually started.

As a workaround I'm forcing comskip to use a previously created logo file specifically for this channel, and using this method it works flawlessly - I wish other UK channels would be as considerate with their logo usage :wink:

Cheers for a great program erik.

Chris
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

No, it did not make it because the alhorithm to check for a correct logo proved to be more robust so I kept it.
FluffyRedLobster

Post by FluffyRedLobster »

No worries, thanks for the post to let me know. I'll just use make a few logo masks for the channels I regularly record from.

Cheers,
Chris