Not getting to Videoredo

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
jghanisco

Re: Not getting to Videoredo

Post by jghanisco »

dbkc397 wrote:First and foremost, thanks for helping me with this.
Let me see if I can explain my dilemma.
I have a single folder for all of my recorded shows..... D:\shows. Beyond TV outputs to this folder and it reads and plays back from this folder.

VAP wants me to use:
Folder A: to monitor
Folder B: to do the processing
Folder C: to output to

which all makes sense

Since BTV will only output and read from a single foldbrer, (as far as I know) I am unable to figure out how to set this up. And VAP will not let me use the same folder twice. So as far as I can tell I am unable to output to Folder A: then do the processing in Folder B: then move it back to Folder A: where BTV can read and play it back.

So I am kind of stuck on how to set this up. I guess am going to have to get creative on how to do this.

Signed,
Thinking in Colorado...
Just for the record, I had used Beyond TV for ages, and you can definitely set up multiple folders in the web interface. I had multiple folders set up, and it had no issue with this. I don't have BTV still installed, and I can't remember what happened when I manually moved files, since it's been quite a while, but here is the link to their suppport: http://www.snapstream.com/Support/Help_ ... heweba.htm - go under "For Advanced Users," and "Video Folders" to see how to set them up.
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

jghanisco wrote: Just for the record, I had used Beyond TV for ages, and you can definitely set up multiple folders in the web interface. I had multiple folders set up, and it had no issue with this. I don't have BTV still installed, and I can't remember what happened when I manually moved files, since it's been quite a while, but here is the link to their suppport: http://www.snapstream.com/Support/Help_ ... heweba.htm - go under "For Advanced Users," and "Video Folders" to see how to set them up.
I was kind of wondering about that. A DVR with the ability to only access one single folder would be severely crippled. Sounds like dbkc397 is now armed with all the info he needs :)

EDIT: I see from the VAP forums that as of yesterday he got it going :)
dbkc397

Post by dbkc397 »

Thats because all you great folks ROCK!!
Thanks for all the help! :D :D
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

dbkc397 wrote:Thats because all you great folks ROCK!!
This is true ;)