Mpeg that once was DVR-MS, Audio and Video out of Sync

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
stoicacceptance1

Mpeg that once was DVR-MS, Audio and Video out of Sync

Post by stoicacceptance1 »

Hi I used showbizdvd2 to convert a lot of dvr-ms files into rather large mpg files. And I see that in the latest revision of comskip it says you fixed the out of sync dvr-ms issue. I was wondering if because its not actually a dvr-ms file that the same problem would apply, but because it once was is still there.

So to put it shortly the audio and video are out of sync after the cut, Im using comclean4 which uses that freaky german program for cutting Mpeg2Schnitt, where does my problem reside? Is it in comclean or comskip or in Mpeg2Schnitt. Also it may be of value to someone that in the audio stream I hear commercials but do not see them in the video stream.
Any help is appreciated
thanks

Also I just tried to run comskip and comclean on a .dvr-ms file and everything appeared to work fine except the resulting file isnt there, at the very end during the remux I get "supposed marker bit not found" The same thing happens when I try to remux the result of the new option output_demux from comskip.

ha w/e I fixed it the problem resided in the cutting program, might wanna check that out, I download and used cuttermaran and the comclean that coincides with it.

I did have one more question though, Is there a way to setup comskip to process and entire folder of mpeg files ?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

The author of mpeg2schnit confirmed that for 29.97 fps the audio cutting of mpeg2schnitt is out of sync.
He is working on a solution

There is no way to cut dvr-ms directly with any of the comclean versions.
You can use the demux option (add output_demux=1 to the comskip.ini file) and use a slightly modified version of the comclean that uses cuttermaran.
Remove the initial demuxing step because tha already will be done by comskip.
stoicacceptance1

Batch Conversion

Post by stoicacceptance1 »

Also I was wondering if there is a way to set up comskip to process entire directories?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Yes,

Doall.bat

for %%f in (%1*.mpeg) do call do.bat "%%~dpnf"

do.bat

"comskip.exe" "%~dpn1.mpg"
call "comclean.bat" "%~dpn1.mpg"

Put them in the directory where comskip and comclean are and then
doall "c:\directory\path\where\the\files\are\