H264 & MPEG2 WTV Support - my reliable solution

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
erik
Site Admin

Re: H264 & MPEG2 WTV Support - my reliable solution

Post by erik »

Can you ask for help in the MC-TVConverter forum?
QuadraQ

Post by QuadraQ »

Hi,

I've been using ComSkip reliably for years now on my Vista machine. Well I've been building a new dream PC with Windows 7, and I'm hoping that ComSkip will work on the new .WTV format. I saw this thread, and I'm more than happy to donate to get the latest version. Two questions: How do I become a donating member? And I've been using ComSkip to create VideoReDo projects - is that still an option for the latest version with .WTV support? Thanks.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

QuadraQ wrote:Hi,

I've been using ComSkip reliably for years now on my Vista machine. Well I've been building a new dream PC with Windows 7, and I'm hoping that ComSkip will work on the new .WTV format. I saw this thread, and I'm more than happy to donate to get the latest version. Two questions: How do I become a donating member? And I've been using ComSkip to create VideoReDo projects - is that still an option for the latest version with .WTV support? Thanks.
1: Use the paypal button
2: Yes
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Crash solved in 0.81.016 available in early release area
QuadraQ

Post by QuadraQ »

erik wrote:
QuadraQ wrote:Hi,

1: Use the paypal button
2: Yes
OK I made my donation and it took me to a download page, but the latest version was comskip80_042.zip 805KB Mar 14 2011 10:23:27 PM. I didn't see an early release area anywhere. Am I missing something? Also how would I get back there in the future?

Another question: On my old Vista machine I had ComSkip setup to automatically process the dvr-ms files. But it was so long ago I forgot how I did that. Is there a way to do that with the newest version and the wtv files? If so, how? Thanks.

BTW are the settings in the ini file still compatible? I had tweaked them so that it found the commercials very reliably.
McGiverGim

Post by McGiverGim »

QuadraQ wrote: Another question: On my old Vista machine I had ComSkip setup to automatically process the dvr-ms files. But it was so long ago I forgot how I did that. Is there a way to do that with the newest version and the wtv files? If so, how? Thanks.
Maybe you're using dvrmstoolbox?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

QuadraQ wrote: OK I made my donation and it took me to a download page, but the latest version was comskip80_042.zip 805KB Mar 14 2011 10:23:27 PM. I didn't see an early release area anywhere. Am I missing something? Also how would I get back there in the future?
BTW are the settings in the ini file still compatible? I had tweaked them so that it found the commercials very reliably.
You welcome mail send by me after donation contains the link you need to go to. Don't loose that mail. Its personal.

Setting are compatible (mostly)
QuadraQ

Post by QuadraQ »

OK here's where I am so far. I downloaded the latest version of comskip (81_017) from the donators page using the email you sent. I updated the ini file to use the adjusted parameters I had previously tweaked (not many, the detect_method, the volume_slip, and output_videoredo).

I realized that I was using the DVRMSToolbox to automatically run comskip on my old Vista machine. So I downloaded the latest version (1.2.2.4) and installed it. I then copied all the files from the comskip download, including the ini file to the C:\Program Files (x86)\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\ directory - replacing the comskip.exe that was there.

However, I really don't remember how I configured DVRMSToolbox on my vista machine. All I want is for DVRMSToolbox to run comskip on each new .wtv file that gets created (by Windows Media Center, obviously). Do you have any idea how I can achieve that? Thanks.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

How about asking this question on the DVRMSToolbox forum as I do not use DVRMSToolbox.
QuadraQ

Post by QuadraQ »

erik wrote:How about asking this question on the DVRMSToolbox forum as I do not use DVRMSToolbox.
OK I will try. The forums there are kind of weird though. I thought since it's a simple thing, and he bundles comskip with his toolbox that you might know.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Comskip is used by many programs such as DVRMStoolbox, lifeextender, Comskip monitor and some more, none of these programs I ever used myself.
McGiverGim

Post by McGiverGim »

QuadraQ wrote:OK here's where I am so far. I downloaded the latest version of comskip (81_017) from the donators page using the email you sent. I updated the ini file to use the adjusted parameters I had previously tweaked (not many, the detect_method, the volume_slip, and output_videoredo).

I realized that I was using the DVRMSToolbox to automatically run comskip on my old Vista machine. So I downloaded the latest version (1.2.2.4) and installed it. I then copied all the files from the comskip download, including the ini file to the C:\Program Files (x86)\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\ directory - replacing the comskip.exe that was there.

However, I really don't remember how I configured DVRMSToolbox on my vista machine. All I want is for DVRMSToolbox to run comskip on each new .wtv file that gets created (by Windows Media Center, obviously). Do you have any idea how I can achieve that? Thanks.
If it can help, out of the box dvrmstoolbox works like you wants. You only need to replace the comskip files for the new files, and install the commercial skip addin.

Regards!
QuadraQ

Post by QuadraQ »

McGiverGim wrote:
QuadraQ wrote:OK here's where I am so far. I downloaded the latest version of comskip (81_017) from the donators page using the email you sent. I updated the ini file to use the adjusted parameters I had previously tweaked (not many, the detect_method, the volume_slip, and output_videoredo).

If it can help, out of the box dvrmstoolbox works like you wants. You only need to replace the comskip files for the new files, and install the commercial skip addin.

Regards!
Thanks for that. I realized that myself after installing DVRMSToolbox and replacing the included comskip with the latest version that supports .wtv files that it was processing the files. HOWEVER, I've discovered a problem: It's processing them over and over again. It's supposed to only process them once (obviously). Here's an excerpt from a log in the C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\FWLogs directory:

Code: Select all

Start Process: 11/12/2011 : 3:05 PM
InputFile=D:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Castle_KXTVDT_10_10_2011_22_00_04.dvr-ms
Processing actions, this may take some time!!
Current Affinity: 255 System Mask: 255
Getting MetaData
Testing "Processed Files"
Testing "Every Sage File"
Testing "Every File"
"Every File" is a match.
Run Profile = nativecommdetect
ProcessId = 3312
DvrmsToolbox Version: 1.2.2.4
Throttle DVRMStoMPEG
FWThrottle: D:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Castle_KXTVDT_10_10_2011_22_00_04.dvr-ms
WaitTime: 5 PollTime
Waiting to process file
Queue file
Duration = 00:00:01.0110578
Waiting for available worker: 11/12/2011 3:05 PM
Worker allocated: 11/12/2011 3:05 PM
Get Video Information
1280x720 : 1280x720 ATSC=True
Duration = 00:00:00.6900395
Find Commercials in file
Create Analyzer: Automatic
ShowAnalyzerSuite is not installed properly try ShowAnalyzer
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {671A7D0D-39FA-48C5-8932-22E65A3364D3} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
   at Durrant.Plugins.CommercialAnalyzer..ctor(String FileToAnalyze, AnalyzerPreference ap)
Use Comskip
Using comskip
Running comskip this may take a while.
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\comskip.exe "D:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Castle_KXTVDT_10_10_2011_22_00_04.dvr-ms" "d:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml" 

Finished Commercial Detectection
No commercials found
Action did not complete successfully
Total Duration = 00:00:20.4901719
As you can see it says that no commercials were found and the action did not complete successfully. Yet that is incorrect because I have comskip set to create VideoReDo projects and I've checked and they are just as expected. So comskip is working right, but for some reason DVRMSToolbox thinks the process has failed. Does comskip return a different value after it's complete in the most recent donor's only version than it did for the last public version? If anyone here uses DVRMSToolbox, am I the only one to have this problem with it?
McGiverGim

Post by McGiverGim »

If I'm not wrong with your log, the process has last for only 20 seconds. So I suppose comskip has failed in some way.

I see too that the file is in dvr-ms format, not wtv.

Regards!
QuadraQ

Post by QuadraQ »

McGiverGim wrote:If I'm not wrong with your log, the process has last for only 20 seconds. So I suppose comskip has failed in some way.

I see too that the file is in dvr-ms format, not wtv.

Regards!
I believe that is in Days:Hours:Minutes.seconds format, so it's 20 minutes not 20 seconds. And yes in this case it's a dvr-ms because it's an older recording from my old Vista machine, but regardless of the file type (dvr-ms or wtv) it's the same problem.