i'm new

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
bmblank

i'm new

Post by bmblank »

Hi, I'm Ben. I just donated and I'm looking forward to getting some pre release goodies. New to comskip, but not to the idea. I've been using replayTV for years before switching to wmc. Then dtb with wtvwatcher without a whole lot of success there. Hopefully not needing to convert to dvr-Ms will alleviate some problems, as well as the customizeability making it just what I need. I'll need lots of help though.
erik
Site Admin

Re: i'm new

Post by erik »

Welcome Ben
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

So I'm finally figuring out what is happening behind the scenes, but I have one question that brings me here. Is wtvwatcher necessary to the wmc/comskip pairing? I set up DTBs file watcher service and when I restart my computer it automatically downloaded wtvwatcher and started converting wtvs to dvrms. last time I abandoned commercial skip because the conversions created to much of a headache. How do I set it up to watch for files and scan without converting? If I can stay away from wtvwatcjer all the better. It left a bad taste in my mouth last time.
Thanks.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

In wtv watcher there should be profiles that describe what to to.
I guess you still have the profile "Convert wtv to dvr-ms and detect commercials" active.
Change that to a profile that does not convert.
Do keep a 10 minute waiting time for the file no longer to change size to make sure comskip is not started on a recording in progress.
serge

Post by serge »

Thanks for that post. This "10 minute waiting time" seems pretty critical. Somehow I missed that (I had it set to 1 minute) and only the very first commercial (before show started) was being detected. I only wish I had noticed that earlier.