Help with version 81_031, not finding recordings

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
psychic99

Help with version 81_031, not finding recordings

Post by psychic99 »

Hello,

Eric...Thanks for the great work on this program. I have been a longtime user from the Sage days and love it.

When I installed the latest version 2 days ago DVRMStoolbox was processing everything (as it has in the past) just fine until it got to the grammys. So I thought it weird that commercials were not skipping for new shows, and I went into my logs and it looks like DVRMStoolbox has been trying for over a day to process the Grammys. Interestingly enough, I went in and inspected the logs and all of a sudden it finished (it took over an hour on a quad core sandy bridge), and now it is moving on to the queue (14+ shows). However this is a possible bug because on the first dozen tries or so it found no commercials, then on this try it did. I can also send DVRMStoolbox logs, but it simply says no commercials found a number of times.

In the meantime I have the logfile if you are interested, and I will change the DVRMStoolbox so that this doesn't keep repeating in the future but this is the only time, ever I have seen this.

In general I use FIOS/HDHR Prime which has excellent quality, however finding commercials is about 75% which is way lower than the 95% or greater I was getting w/ Sage (also on TIme Warner then FIOS)--so I'm assuming FIOS or your algorithms have drifted from optimal settings over time for myself.

It would be good to know if you have any updated recommendations for the comskip.ini because mine is a few years old.

Thanks....
erik
Site Admin

Re: Help with version 81_031, not finding recordings

Post by erik »

Could you do two things.

1: Test if build 0.81.023 delivers better results.

2: Follow the "how to ask for help" post for a show with bad detection results and I will see if there is an easy way to improve your comskip.ini
jksmurf

Post by jksmurf »

I must admit, I am finding 81_023 gives better results, I have no HD recordings.
You helped me fix one channel using 81_031 (thanks!) with the new parameter ticker_tape_percentage but the other channels went out of whack (cut too much) with or without that parameter.

k.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Could you prepare "how to ask for help" for one of the recordings with build 0.81.023 and also produce a .csv file with 0.81.31? This will help me a lot to iron out some of the more difficult problems.
jksmurf

Post by jksmurf »

erik wrote:Could you prepare "how to ask for help" for one of the recordings with build 0.81.023 and also produce a .csv file with 0.81.31? This will help me a lot to iron out some of the more difficult problems.
OK I uploaded both. Not sure if it helps you at all?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Yes, it did.
Striking differences
Could you rerun build 031 with two_pass_logo=1?
and ticker_tape_percentage=0