Looking for help to test live TV support for WTV and DVR-MS

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
erik
Site Admin

Looking for help to test live TV support for WTV and DVR-MS

Post by erik »

Mail me when you are willing to help test live TV support for WTV or DVR-MS
You need to run comskip manually on a file while being recorded and send me the redirected stderr and the log file
Only reply if you understand the above.
sccrgoalie1

Re: Looking for help to test live TV support for WTV and DVR

Post by sccrgoalie1 »

I've sent you the log files with my results thus far.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

OK, I got wtv feedback and I see something I have to improve.
Anybody for dvr-ms?
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

I've got H.264 .WTV - would that help?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

No, thanks. Need dvr-ms input now if anyone is still using dvr-ms to record.
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

How are we looking on live detection now? I donated a couple years ago, but the lack of live detection is the only thing that has prevented me from replacing SA. I'm thrilled to see you're still going at it here and would love to put this in place and hopefully get better commercial analysis results with my HDPVR created .wtv files.
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

Agreed - in fact I was wondering the same thing and was going to inquire as well. The problem is, the app I'm using doesn't support live detection but I'm still curious to see what the scoop is. I'm recording H.264 in the .WTV container.
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

Well...I got sick of SAV1 hanging 3 or 4 times/week on me, so I tossed comskip in place last night. I was relatively underwhelmed at first glance, until I went ahead and did some adjustments based upon the multi-core settings. Now...WOW! Very impressive! After tuning my .ini file with a thread_count=4 and setting the affinity to 0 in DTb and bumping the command line priority to Normal in DTb, it's now scanning a 30 minute HD h.264 .wtv file in about 12 minutes. That's on my Phenom II x4 955 BE. I'm thinking of offloading my commercial analysis to my Core i5 2500k to see what that guy does. The unfortunate thing is that while it's processing, the .xml file is not being written in the same directory as the recordings, rather it's moved there once it's done. Meaning that my commercial skip data is not available to MCE until the entire analysis is complete. Is there some setting I'm missing for this, or is that just the way it is?

How goes the testing and analysis for live TV? I'd love to see this feature added...that would make Mrs. Lobster happy, and might even get me some nookie! :)
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

Is live detection dead? Just curious....
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

No,

I finally have my test rig ready, needed to have my first windows 7 computer (yes, a bit late...), then had to move the build/test environment to the new setup.
Switched to 64 bit so I can also build a native 64 bit version in the future.

Now I need one or two full day's to experiment with reparsing the WTV sector descriptor when reaching the end of the latest parsing.
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

Way to go! Don't feel bad about the late Win7 switch, I just changed over a couple of months ago (but it's nice to know that I wasn't the last one :mrgreen: ).

I like the idea of going 64bit at some point. I'm also running 7x64 and try to use x64 apps where possible. For myself, I was just curious about where LiveDetection was at - I'm in no rush for it. Unfortunately, the app I use for processing (VAP) doesn't support LiveDetection :roll:

Gotta tell you though, ComSkip has been faithfully picking off commercials in my recordings at an incredible rate. I typically record between 6-12 hours of TV per day and the results have been unbelieveable. I think as far as commercial detection goes - it's done. I can't see any way to improve upon on it. :mrgreen:

Just a thought though, earlier you mentioned needing testers for .dvr-ms files. Is it worth including live detection support for that format given that it's pretty much been depricated?
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I did not get any reaction on dvr-ms so that seems clear
ghostlobster

Post by ghostlobster »

erik wrote:No,

I finally have my test rig ready, needed to have my first windows 7 computer (yes, a bit late...), then had to move the build/test environment to the new setup.
Hell, I would have sent you a Win7 rig if i knew that was an issue! :)
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

First test version of Comskip with Live WTV detection has been provided to a limited test of testers.
If tests are positive a donator version will be made available.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

Nice! Let us know when its out ASAP!