Provide ini for each country

Where all the user feedback and suggestions for improvements go
chemelli

Provide ini for each country

Post by chemelli »

Hi all,

first of all thx for developping this great app. I'm a MediaPortal developer and enjoy this peace of software dayly :P

I would like to see a page with a collection of all ini files, one for each country/situation. That way would be quick and easy to make a new setup for a 1st time user.

Cheers,

Simone
erik
Site Admin

Re: Provide ini for each country

Post by erik »

I'm thinking about an extension of the comskip website where people can upload their ini files into a database including info on country and channels being applicable.
Or should it be better/sufficient to have an extra part of the forum where people can post their ini files together with some comment

Can I have your feeback?
chemelli

Post by chemelli »

Erik,

thank you for taking the time to answer.

I would vote to have a dedicated page on your site with a table of all countrys and inside each all possible ini files. Would be cool to have a vote system so people would know which one is the most used/voted for that specific case.

Link should be added to zip package to find it quickly...

Simone
Dangelus

Post by Dangelus »

I love this idea!
kiwijunglist

Post by kiwijunglist »

Great idea, bump for this. If I do some tuning for New Zealand I'll contribute to this, although it looks like comskip is working fine with just a "-d 79" command line option.
bmblank

Post by bmblank »

This thread had a three year hiatus. I've seen longer, but this one is probably dead.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

I initially thought about a web application but its much simpler to have a separate group where people can post or add using the country name as subject line. Would that work?
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

erik wrote:I initially thought about a web application but its much simpler to have a separate group where people can post or add using the country name as subject line. Would that work?
Yup that would work just as easy. To make it better, be sure that people can upload *.ini files on the forum and it would be easy