Comskip doesn't stop

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
dmdbdd

Comskip doesn't stop

Post by dmdbdd »

Good morning:

When I stop and delete a recording, comskip doesn't stop running. This causes my PVR to never stay in standby. I'm also using DVRMSToolbox and MCE Standby Tool.

Is there a configuration setting I should be looking for to insure that comskip.exe is stopped when I kill a recording?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Comskip doesn't stop

Post by erik »

Which build are you using?
dmdbdd

Post by dmdbdd »

Good morning Erik:

Build 0.81.052 donators.

BTW, this will also happen with a bad recording. Yesterday when I tried to play a recorded episode of Nature, I got the weak signal message, however after a few seconds it started to play. Well, we realized that it was an episode that we had already watched, so I stopped it and attempted to deleted it. I couldn't delete it until I killed the comskip process tree and once again, my PVR stayed on all night trying to process this recording.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Can you test with the latest build:

Changes on 0.81.056
- Bug solved: On some recordings comskip would restart processing the file when reaching the end of the recording resulting in an endless loop.
Changes on 0.81.055
- Bug solved: When the recording has only one commercial at the start and always_keep_first_seconds is set comskip gets into an endless loop
Changes on 0.81.054
- Completely new approach for processing while recording. Not fully tested. Do report problems
- Bug solved: plist output wrong
- Completely new seeking algorithm in debug window
Changes on 0.81.053
- Repaired the preview function in the debugwindow.
- Multi thread decoding now also works fast on h.264 with video size changes
- Improved decoding of some types of audio
- Corrected another mistake in timeline decoding.
- Bug solved: The .mls file did not contain the last deleted block when it