comskip processing prematurely

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
revengineer

comskip processing prematurely

Post by revengineer »

Hi,
I am new to comskip and after hours of unsuccessfully googling on the following issue, I am hoping to get some help. I am using the latest comskip donator version with dvrmstoolbox and windows media center.

My intent is to run comskip AFTER a show has finished recording. However, when I schedule a recording, the recording is processed once 5 minutes after the show has started recording and then never again. As a result the commercial identification is incomplete.

If I reprocess the show after the recording has finished, the commercials are identified correctly for the entire show.

So the problem may be more with dvrmstoolbox then with comskip, but I am hoping others are using the same setup an can give me advice.

I am not sure how dvrmstoolbox identifies the wait time. If it is based on file size, the wait time may need to be set for a long time because media center allocated huge 0.5 GB buffers at the beginning of the show. Could it be that wait time must be set to 30 min or longer?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
erik
Site Admin

Re: comskip processing prematurely

Post by erik »

The wait time has to be at least 10 minutes (depends on if your recording SD or HD) as a huge buffer is used.
revengineer

Post by revengineer »

Thank you for the confirmation. Watching the recorded files, 10 minutes must apply to HD content. I typically record SD to save space. Here even 20 minutes can be tight. I set to 30 minutes and all is good now. Still tweaking a few things, but great program!
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

It's very powerful (DVRMS-Toolbox) though I haven't used it for years. A fellow made VAP a while back and if you have video redo it's ideal and very easy to use.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Increase the 5 minutes to 10 or more as dvrms files may stay the same size for a long time