Always keep first seconds didn't work

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
adam1991

Always keep first seconds didn't work

Post by adam1991 »

New to Comskip here. Used ShowAnalyzer for the last five years, but I decided to switch yesterday.

So far so good, but. I like the old ReplayTV behavior of keeping the first and last 120 seconds of a show, regardless. So I set that in my .ini file; always_keep_first_seconds=120, and same with last. I used the INI editor (slick, slick tool) and saved my settings.

I checked something that just recorded this morning, and it jumped straight to 58 seconds in. To be fair, that was the tail end of the previous show on that channel, so not all bad--just not the behavior I wanted. (It also didn't recognize a single commercial beyond that in this show--an old show on MeTV--but that's another issue. I need to get some new things processed to feel comfortable.)

The only thing I did not do yesterday when making that ini change is restart the computer. Is that required? Or is there something else I'm missing?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Always keep first seconds didn't work

Post by erik »

No need to restart
Each time comskip runs it rereads the ini file
adam1991

Re: Always keep first seconds didn't work

Post by adam1991 »

thanks. On further investigation, it must have been user error--the INI file was still set at 0.

I set it up again and saved it. Will report back.