My Show Specific INIs

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
pcon2009

My Show Specific INIs

Post by pcon2009 »

While many shows that I record work decently well with a single general INI file, I occasionally have some issues with a few different shows. So, as I have time I have been customising a file for each show to make it work as good as it possibly can. As I come up with new INIs I will post them here. Eventually, even for shows that work "okay" with the general settings, I would like to tweak them as well. (Keep in mind all my shows are recorded USA OTA - that is, in the United States over broadcast television so if you live elsewhere or have cable/satellite, this may or may not work well for you. Should you use any of these, please let me know how they work for you!)

Here is a list of the shows for which I currently have custom INIs:
FOX
"The Mick"

My "General" INI (the starting point for all other customs) - 01-FEB-2017

Code: Select all

detect_method=59 ;1=black frame, 2=logo, 4=scene change, 8=fuzzy logic, 16=closed captions, 32=aspect ration, 64=silence, 128=cutscenes, 255=all
validate_silence=1 ; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.
validate_uniform=1 ; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues (like pure white frames) if blackframe is selected above.
validate_scenechange=1 ; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.
verbose=10 ;show a lot of extra info, level 5 is also OK, set to 0 to disable
max_brightness=60 ;frame not black if any pixels checked are greater than this (scale 0 to 255)
test_brightness=40 ;frame not pure black if any pixels checked are greater than this, will check average brightness (scale 0 to 255)
max_avg_brightness=25 ;maximum average brightness for a dim frame to be considered black (scale 0 to 255) 0 means autosetting
brightness_jump=200 ;
max_commercialbreak=600 ;maximum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break
min_commercialbreak=4 ;minimum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break
max_commercial_size=140 ;maximum time in seconds for a single commercial or multiple commercials if no breaks in between
min_commercial_size=4 ;mimimum time in seconds for a single commercial
non_uniformity=250 ; Set to 0 to disable cutpoints based on uniform frames
max_volume=150 ; any frame with sound volume larger than this will not be regarded as black frame
min_silence=30 ; Any deep silence longer than this amount  of frames is a possible cutpoint
ticker_tape=0 ; Amount of pixels from bottom to ignore in all processing
punish=1 ; Compare to average for sum of 1=brightness, 2=uniform 4=volume, 8=silence, 16=schange, set to 0 to disable
punish_threshold=2 ; Multiply when amount is above average * punish_threshold
punish_modifier=8 ; When above average * threshold multiply score by this value
intelligent_brightness=0 ; Set to 1 to use a USA specific algorithm to tune some of the settings, not adviced outside the USA
logo_percentile=0.98 ; if more then this amount of logo is found then logo detection will be disabled
logo_threshold=0.75 ;
punish_no_logo=1 ; Default, set to 0 to avoid show segments without logo to be scored towards commercial
aggressive_logo_rejection=0 ;
connect_blocks_with_logo=1 ; set to 1 if you want successive blocks with logo on the transition to be regarded as connected, set to 0 to disable
logo_filter=0 ; set the size of the filter to apply to bad logo detection, 4 seems to be a good value.
delete_show_after_last_commercial=1 ; set to 1 if you want to delete the last block if its a show and after a commercial
delete_show_before_or_after_current=1 ; set to 1 if you want to delete the previous and the next show in the recording, this can lead to the deletion of trailers of next show
remove_before=0 ; amount of seconds of show to be removed before ALL commercials
remove_after=0 ; amount of seconds of show to be removed after ALL commercials
shrink_logo=5 ; Reduce the duration of the logo with this amount of seconds
after_logo=0 ; set to number of seconds after logo disappears comskip should start to search for silence to insert an additional cutpoint
padding=1.75 ;
ms_audio_delay=0 ;
volume_slip=20 ;
skip_b_frames=0 ; Set to 1 to force Comskip to skip frames for higher processing speed.
hardware_decode=0 ; Set to 1 to enable hardware accelerated video decoding, only available in donator version
max_repair_size=400 ; Will repair maximum 200 missing MPEG frames in the timeline, set to 0 to disable repairing for players that don't use PTS.
disable_heuristics=10 ; bit pattern for disabling heuristics, adding 1 disables heristics 1, adding 2 disables heristics 2, adding 4 disables heristics 3, 255  disables all heuristics
delete_logo_file=0 ; set to 1 if you want comskip to tidy up after finishing
output_edl=1
live_tv=0 ; set to 1 if you use parallelprocessing and need the output while recording
cuttermaran_options="cut=\"true\" unattended=\"true\" muxResult=\"false\" snapToCutPoints=\"true\" closeApp=\"true\""
mpeg2schnitt_options="mpeg2schnitt.exe /S /E /R25  /Z %2 %1"
avisynth_options="LoadPlugin(\"MPEG2Dec3.dll\") \nMPEG2Source(\"%s\")\n"
dvrcut_options="dvrcut \"%s.dvr-ms\" \"%s_clean.dvr-ms\" "
windowtitle="Comskip - %s"
two_pass_logo=1
maxbright=1
noise_level=5
global_threshold=1.79
thread_count=6
delete_show_before_first_commercial=1
length_strict_modifier=3
length_nonstrict_modifier=1.5
combined_length_strict_modifier=2
combined_length_nonstrict_modifier=1.25
ar_wrong_modifier=10
excessive_length_modifier=0.01
dark_block_modifier=0.3
min_schange_modifier=0.5
max_schange_modifier=2
logo_present_modifier=0.1
border=10
give_up_logo_search=1020
delay_logo_search=120
logo_max_percentage_of_screen=0.1
logo_percentage_threshold=0.30
edge_level_threshold=5
edge_radius=2
edge_step=1
before_logo=0
min_black_frames_for_break=1
ar_delta=0.1
min_show_segment_length=210
cc_commercial_type_modifier=1.75
cc_wrong_type_modifier=1.75
cc_correct_type_modifier=0.9
fps=29.97
logo_fraction=.25
ignore_side=0
cut_on_ar_change=1
variable_bitrate=1
always_keep_first_seconds=0
always_keep_last_seconds=0
output_default=1
added_recording=22
use_existing_logo_file=1
output_framearray=1
output_data=1
min_commercial_break_at_start_or_end=15
"The Mick" (FOX) - 01-FEB-2017

Code: Select all

detect_method=59 ;1=black frame, 2=logo, 4=scene change, 8=fuzzy logic, 16=closed captions, 32=aspect ration, 64=silence, 128=cutscenes, 255=all
validate_silence=1 ; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.
validate_uniform=1 ; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues (like pure white frames) if blackframe is selected above.
validate_scenechange=1 ; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.
verbose=10 ;show a lot of extra info, level 5 is also OK, set to 0 to disable
max_brightness=60 ;frame not black if any pixels checked are greater than this (scale 0 to 255)
test_brightness=40 ;frame not pure black if any pixels checked are greater than this, will check average brightness (scale 0 to 255)
max_avg_brightness=25 ;maximum average brightness for a dim frame to be considered black (scale 0 to 255) 0 means autosetting
brightness_jump=200 ;
max_commercialbreak=600 ;maximum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break
min_commercialbreak=4 ;minimum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break
max_commercial_size=140 ;maximum time in seconds for a single commercial or multiple commercials if no breaks in between
min_commercial_size=4 ;mimimum time in seconds for a single commercial
non_uniformity=250 ; Set to 0 to disable cutpoints based on uniform frames
max_volume=150 ; any frame with sound volume larger than this will not be regarded as black frame
min_silence=30 ; Any deep silence longer than this amount  of frames is a possible cutpoint
ticker_tape=0 ; Amount of pixels from bottom to ignore in all processing
punish=1 ; Compare to average for sum of 1=brightness, 2=uniform 4=volume, 8=silence, 16=schange, set to 0 to disable
punish_threshold=2 ; Multiply when amount is above average * punish_threshold
punish_modifier=8 ; When above average * threshold multiply score by this value
intelligent_brightness=0 ; Set to 1 to use a USA specific algorithm to tune some of the settings, not adviced outside the USA
logo_percentile=0.92 ; if more then this amount of logo is found then logo detection will be disabled
logo_threshold=0.75 ;
punish_no_logo=1 ; Default, set to 0 to avoid show segments without logo to be scored towards commercial
aggressive_logo_rejection=0 ;
connect_blocks_with_logo=1 ; set to 1 if you want successive blocks with logo on the transition to be regarded as connected, set to 0 to disable
logo_filter=0 ; set the size of the filter to apply to bad logo detection, 4 seems to be a good value.
delete_show_after_last_commercial=1 ; set to 1 if you want to delete the last block if its a show and after a commercial
delete_show_before_or_after_current=1 ; set to 1 if you want to delete the previous and the next show in the recording, this can lead to the deletion of trailers of next show
remove_before=0 ; amount of seconds of show to be removed before ALL commercials
remove_after=0 ; amount of seconds of show to be removed after ALL commercials
shrink_logo=20 ; Reduce the duration of the logo with this amount of seconds
after_logo=0 ; set to number of seconds after logo disappears comskip should start to search for silence to insert an additional cutpoint
padding=1.75 ;
ms_audio_delay=0 ;
volume_slip=20 ;
skip_b_frames=0 ; Set to 1 to force Comskip to skip frames for higher processing speed.
hardware_decode=0 ; Set to 1 to enable hardware accelerated video decoding, only available in donator version
max_repair_size=400 ; Will repair maximum 200 missing MPEG frames in the timeline, set to 0 to disable repairing for players that don't use PTS.
disable_heuristics=10 ; bit pattern for disabling heuristics, adding 1 disables heristics 1, adding 2 disables heristics 2, adding 4 disables heristics 3, 255  disables all heuristics
delete_logo_file=0 ; set to 1 if you want comskip to tidy up after finishing
output_edl=1
live_tv=0 ; set to 1 if you use parallelprocessing and need the output while recording
cuttermaran_options="cut=\"true\" unattended=\"true\" muxResult=\"false\" snapToCutPoints=\"true\" closeApp=\"true\""
mpeg2schnitt_options="mpeg2schnitt.exe /S /E /R25  /Z %2 %1"
avisynth_options="LoadPlugin(\"MPEG2Dec3.dll\") \nMPEG2Source(\"%s\")\n"
dvrcut_options="dvrcut \"%s.dvr-ms\" \"%s_clean.dvr-ms\" "
windowtitle="Comskip - %s"
two_pass_logo=1
maxbright=1
noise_level=5
global_threshold=1.79
thread_count=6
delete_show_before_first_commercial=1
length_strict_modifier=3
length_nonstrict_modifier=1.5
combined_length_strict_modifier=2
combined_length_nonstrict_modifier=1.25
ar_wrong_modifier=10
excessive_length_modifier=0.01
dark_block_modifier=0.3
min_schange_modifier=0.5
max_schange_modifier=2
logo_present_modifier=0.1
border=10
give_up_logo_search=1020
delay_logo_search=120
logo_max_percentage_of_screen=0.1
logo_percentage_threshold=0.30
edge_level_threshold=5
edge_radius=2
edge_step=1
before_logo=0
min_black_frames_for_break=1
ar_delta=0.1
min_show_segment_length=210
cc_commercial_type_modifier=1.75
cc_wrong_type_modifier=1.75
cc_correct_type_modifier=0.9
fps=29.97
logo_fraction=.25
ignore_side=0
cut_on_ar_change=1
variable_bitrate=1
always_keep_first_seconds=0
always_keep_last_seconds=0
output_default=1
added_recording=22
use_existing_logo_file=1
output_framearray=1
output_data=1
min_commercial_break_at_start_or_end=15
shooter71

Re: My Show Specific INIs

Post by shooter71 »

Hello,

Have you noticed if your general INI works for shows that "end", go into a 4 minute commercial break including talking about the next show coming up, and then come back for a last 30 second trailer? The Middle is a show that constantly does this and my current INI setting always cuts this last 30 sec clip out.
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

If you want to keep those clips you will want to change these two settings.
delete_show_after_last_commercial=0
delete_show_before_or_after_current=0
BrianGGG

Post by BrianGGG »

@pcon2009,

I realize I'm coming to the party about 1 year late ... but I am just starting my Comskip tuning journey now.
I'd like to leverage the work that you have done to get the INI file above, and I was wondering if any progress has been made since this last post on any further tuning?

Please let me know if anything else can be posted. Otherwise, I'm extremely grateful for starting with the INI file that you already posted.

Regards,
BrianGGG