United States - Verizon FIOS

Here you can post working ini files
Use the country name as the subject line. Do include names of broadcasters this ini works for at the top of the post. Additional ini files for the same country an be added by replying. Discussion to be done in Tuning forum.
neIVIe515

Re: United States - Verizon FIOS

Post by neIVIe515 »

Sleepy Hollow seems to do better with this one instead of General.

Code: Select all

; MAIN SETTING
detect_method=43 					; 1=black frame, 2=logo, 4=scene change, 8=fuzzy logic, 16=closed captions, 32=aspect ration, 64=silence, 128=cutscenes, 255=all
verbose=0 							; ******* 10 for testing *******
max_brightness=60
maxbright=1
test_brightness=40
max_avg_brightness=25
max_commercialbreak=600
min_commercialbreak=25
max_commercial_size=150
min_commercial_size=4
min_show_segment_length=250 		; default 250 Any block larger then this in seconds is regarded as a show block
max_volume=500
max_silence=100
non_uniformity=500
; DETAILED SETTING
min_silence=12
noise_level=5
brightness_jump=200
fps=25
validate_silence=1
validate_uniform=1
validate_scenechange=1
global_threshold=1.05
disable_heuristics=4
; CPU LOAD
hardware_decode=0
play_nice_start=-1
play_nice_end=-1
play_nice_sleep=2
thread_count=2
skip_B_frames=0
; INPUT CORRECTION
max_repair_size=200
ms_audio_delay=5
volume_slip=40
variable_bitrate=1
; ASPECT RATIO
ar_delta=0.08
cut_on_ar_change=0 					; set to 1 if you want to cut also on aspect ratio changes when logo is present, set to 2 to force cuts on aspect ratio changes. set to 0 to disable
; GLOBAL REMOVES
padding=0
remove_before=0
remove_after=0
added_recording=14
delete_show_after_last_commercial=0
delete_show_before_first_commercial=0
delete_show_before_or_after_current=0
delete_block_after_commercial=0
min_commercial_break_at_start_or_end=39
always_keep_first_seconds=100
always_keep_last_seconds=0
; USA SPECIFIC
intelligent_brightness=0
black_percentile=0.0076
uniform_percentile=0.003
score_percentile=0.71
; MAIN SCORING
length_strict_modifier=3
length_nonstrict_modifier=1.5
combined_length_strict_modifier=2
combined_length_nonstrict_modifier=1.25
ar_wrong_modifier=2
excessive_length_modifier=0.01
dark_block_modifier=0.3
min_schange_modifier=0.5
max_schange_modifier=2
logo_present_modifier=0.01
punish_no_logo=1 					; default 1 do not modify the score of a block because it has no logo
; DETAILED SCORING
punish=0
reward=0
punish_threshold=1.3
punish_modifier=2
reward_modifier=0.5
; LOGO FINDING
border=10
give_up_logo_search=2000
delay_logo_search=0
logo_max_percentage_of_screen=0.1 	; default 0.1
ticker_tape=0
ticker_tape_percentage=0
ignore_side=0
subtitles=0
logo_at_bottom=0
logo_threshold=0.75 				; a logo is searched using a logo mask.  the logo threshold determines how much of the logo mask must match the video.  only very clean logos can use a value of 0.9 or higher.  you can see the qualtity of the logo detection in the yellow line in the debug window.  the cleaner/higher the line, the better the quality, the higher you can set the threshold.
logo_percentage_threshold=0.25 		; the logo precentage threshold determines the percentage of frames in a block that must (not) have logo to be promoted/punished.  a higher value is useful if logo is good and you have commercials blocks with a bit of logo.
logo_filter=0
aggressive_logo_rejection=0
edge_level_threshold=5
edge_radius=2
edge_weight=10
edge_step=1
num_logo_buffers=50
use_existing_logo_file=1 			; use logo file already created at beginning of show
two_pass_logo=1 					; when enabled the recording processing will restart when logo is found to ensure best quality logo coveage
; LOGO INTERPRETATION
connect_blocks_with_logo=1
logo_percentile=0.92
logo_fraction=0.4
shrink_logo=5 						; default 5 use this to shrink the logo so it disappears before the commercial
shrink_logo_tail=0
before_logo=0
after_logo=0
where_logo=0
min_black_frames_for_break=1
; CLOSED CAPTIONING
ccCheck=0
cc_commercial_type_modifier=4
cc_wrong_type_modifier=2
cc_correct_type_modifier=0.75
; LIVE TV
live_tv=0
live_tv_retries=4
require_div5=0
div5_tolerance=-1
incommercial_frames=1000
; OUTPUT CONTROL
output_default=1
output_chapters=0
output_plist_cutlist=0
output_zoomplayer_cutlist=0
output_zoomplayer_chapter=0
output_vcf=0
output_vdr=0
output_projectx=0
output_avisynth=0
output_videoredo=0
output_videoredo3=0
videoredo_offset=2
output_btv=0
output_edl=1
edl_offset=0
edl_skip_field=0
output_edlp=0
output_bsplayer=0
output_edlx=0
output_cuttermaran=0
output_mpeg2schnitt=0
output_womble=0
output_mls=0
output_mpgtx=0
output_dvrmstb=0
output_dvrcut=0
output_ipodchap=0
output_framearray=0 				; ******** 1 for testing ********
output_debugwindow=0 				; ******** 1 for testing ********
output_tuning=0
output_training=0
output_false=0
output_aspect=0
output_demux=0
output_data=0 						; ******** 1 for testing ********
output_srt=0
output_smi=0
output_timing=0
output_incommercial=0
delete_logo_file=1 					; ******** 0 for testing ********
; CUTSCENE PROCESSING
cutscene_frame=0
cutscene_dumpfile=""
cutscene_threshold=10
cutscenefile1=""
cutscenefile2=""
cutscenefile3=""
cutscenefile4=""
cutscenefile5=""
cutscenefile6=""
cutscenefile7=""
cutscenefile8=""
windowtitle="Comskip - %s"
cuttermaran_options="cut=\"true\" unattended=\"true\" muxResult=\"false\" snapToCutPoints=\"true\" closeApp=\"true\""
mpeg2schnitt_options="mpeg2schnitt.exe /S /E /R25  /Z %2 %1"
avisynth_options="LoadPlugin(\"MPEG2Dec3.dll\") \nMPEG2Source(\"%s\")\n"
dvrcut_options="dvrcut \"%s.dvr-ms\" \"%s_clean.dvr-ms\" "
shooter71

Post by shooter71 »

neIVIe515: Curious where you are for your current general INI file. Has much changed in the last couple of years since you last posted? I am currently just using the default comskip ini file. For the show, The Middle the problem I currently have is that show in generally "ends" goes into a 3-4 minute commercial break including introducing the next show, and then comes back with a 30 second final closing segment. My current ini file always deletes this. Just curious in all the work you have done if your general INI file has evolved to keep a single INI file working for most shows and not cut of on these small closing segments, or whether you have still been using a unique one for The Middle show.
jbridge758

Post by jbridge758 »

I too am having issues losing the closing segments of shows like BBT or The Middle. I have been using the default comskip_donate, and have been very happy with the results except for this one issue on 30 second closing segments.

Is there a simple fix for this in the defaut .ini?

Thanks!
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Change
always_keep_last_seconds=0
to
always_keep_last_seconds=300
Or whatever amount of seconds to keep at the end
Paint

Post by Paint »

I'm getting issues where the updated general is removing 2-3 seconds of the show before a commercial break. While this is good for some shows, others its quite annoying.

I changed shrink_logo=5 to 3 and now to 0. Is this the correct setting to be adjusting?
I also changed after_logo=5 to 8.

I am using Verizon FiOS as well. Appreciate your help with these ini's - have been using these for years.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

If it works it must be correct, yes?
Otherwise you could prepare a relevant set of test file according to the "how to ask for help" topic and send me the zip files with information on what you want to see improved.
Preparing the test files is a lot of work though.
Paint

Post by Paint »

erik wrote:If it works it must be correct, yes?
Otherwise you could prepare a relevant set of test file according to the "how to ask for help" topic and send me the zip files with information on what you want to see improved.
Preparing the test files is a lot of work though.
Doesnt seem that hard to prepare the files. I will debug a bit myself and see how I make out.

If the above doesnt fix my issues, Ill gladly run comskip in according to the "how to ask for help" topic
Paint

Post by Paint »

As per this thread, changing from 5 to shrink_logo=0 helped with the start/end of shows before commercials from being cut off:
Too early cuts: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1836#p8572
erik wrote:This is what it should do
as you now get cuts exactly on where the logo comes/go's (when you enable logo based cutting) you will notice that when you shrink logo you may remove show.
So when you enable logo based cutting you better set shrink_logo=0
neIVIe515

Post by neIVIe515 »

So I officially moved from Windows Media Center (WMC) recording using MCARDS to HDHomerun Prime using MCARDS. Knowing WMC is a dead feature the next best thing for me was HDHomerun Prime. I now have 3 HDHomerun Prime devices with MCARDS providing the cable subscription through Verizon FiOS. This gives me the capability to record 3 channels per device so a total of 9 tuners now. The new HDHomerun Primes device are at 6 tuners per device so i will consider upgrading when they are available. I'm not a huge fan of the HDHomerun DVR service but still subscribe. Its recording capabilities get more shows then i would want when it comes to only new showings. I've been using Plex and subscribed to the service also but did the forever price. Now Plex uses the HDHomerun's for Live TV streaming and recording. It also has the ability to remove commercials using the default comskip.ini. This brought me back and I wanted to see if I could build a default comskip.ini that worked with most shows. Plex records the show, removes the commercials and post them for viewing through SMART TVs, Fire TV devices, etc. The user defined conskip.ini gets placed in the DVR directory that you have to create under C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\DVR.

Not working:
Live PD Cam; some commercials there are no black screen transitions
Body Cam

Working:
Live PD
The First 48
Rupaul's All Star Drag Race
Rupaul's Drag Race
America's Funniest Home Videos
Man v. Food
Dr. Pimple Popper
Master of Arms
The Masked Singer
My 600-lb Life
Knight Fight
Forged in Fire
The Dead Files

Somewhat Working:
TMZ Live
Inside Edition

detect_method=47						; ON 1=black frame, ON 2=logo, ON 4=scene change, ON 8=fuzzy logic, 16=closed captions, ON 32=aspect ration, 64=silence, 128=cutscenes, 255=all
validate_silence=1						; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.
validate_uniform=1						; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues (like pure white frames) if blackframe is selected above.
validate_scenechange=1					; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.
verbose=10								; show a lot of extra info, level 5 is also OK, set to 0 to disable
max_brightness=60      					; frame not black if any pixels checked are greater than this (scale 0 to 255)
test_brightness=40      				; frame not pure black if any pixels checked are greater than this, will check average brightness (scale 0 to 255)
max_avg_brightness=25					; maximum average brightness for a dim frame to be considered black (scale 0 to 255) 0 means autosetting
max_commercialbreak=600 				; maximum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break
min_commercialbreak=25					; minimum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break
max_commercial_size=125					; maximum time in seconds for a single commercial or multiple commercials if no breaks in between
min_commercial_size=4   				; mimimum time in seconds for a single commercial
min_show_segment_length=250 			; any segment longer than this will be scored towards show.
non_uniformity=500						; Set to 0 to disable cutpoints based on uniform frames
max_volume=500							; any frame with sound volume larger than this will not be regarded as black frame
min_silence=12							; Any deep silence longer than this amount  of frames is a possible cutpoint
ticker_tape=0							; Amount of pixels from bottom to ignore in all processing 
logo_at_bottom=1						; Set to 1 to search only for logo at the lower half of the video, do not combine with subtitle setting
punish=0								; Compare to average for sum of 1=brightness, 2=uniform 4=volume, 8=silence, 16=schange, set to 0 to disable
punish_threshold=1.3					; Multiply when amount is above average * punish_threshold
punish_modifier=2						; When above average * threshold multiply score by this value
intelligent_brightness=0 				; Set to 1 to use a USA specific algorithm to tune some of the settings, not adviced outside the USA
logo_percentile=0.92					; if more then this amount of logo is found then logo detection will be disabled
logo_threshold=0.75
punish_no_logo=1						; Default, set to 0 to avoid show segments without logo to be scored towards commercial
connect_blocks_with_logo=1				; set to 1 if you want successive blocks with logo on the transition to be regarded as connected, set to 0 to disable
logo_filter=0               			; set the size of the filter to apply to bad logo detection, 4 seems to be a good value.
cut_on_ar_change=1						; set to 1 if you want to cut also on aspect ratio changes when logo is present, set to 2 to force cuts on aspect ratio changes. set to 0 to disable
delete_show_after_last_commercial=0		; set to 1 if you want to delete the last block if its a show and after a commercial
delete_show_before_or_after_current=1	; set to 1 if you want to delete the previous and the next show in the recording, this can lead to the deletion of trailers of next show
delete_block_after_commercial=0			; set to max size of block in seconds to be discarded, set to 0 to disable 
remove_before=0							; amount of seconds of show to be removed before ALL commercials
remove_after=0							; amount of seconds of show to be removed after ALL commercials
shrink_logo=5							; Reduce the duration of the logo with this amount of seconds
after_logo=0							; set to number of seconds after logo disappears comskip should start to search for silence to insert an additional cutpoint
padding=0
ms_audio_delay=5
volume_slip=40
skip_b_frames=0							; Set to 1 to force Comskip to skip frames for higher processing speed.
max_repair_size=200						; Will repair maximum 200 missing MPEG frames in the timeline, set to 0 to disable repairing for players that don't use PTS. 
disable_heuristics=4					; bit pattern for disabling heuristics, adding 1 disables heristics 1, adding 2 disables heristics 2, adding 4 disables heristics 3, 255  disables all heuristics 
delete_logo_file=0						; set to 1 if you want comskip to tidy up after finishing
output_framearray=0						; create a big excel file for detailed analysis, set to 0 to disable
output_data=0							; create a dump of the user data channel, used for CC and XDS (such as V-Chip info). Can be use together with output_framearray to remote debug CC decoding
output_videoredo=0
output_womble=0
output_mls=0							; set to 1 if you want MPeg Video Wizard bookmark file output
output_cuttermaran=0
output_mpeg2schnitt=0
output_mpgtx=0
output_dvrcut=0
output_edl=1
output_edlx=0
output_vcf=0
output_bsplayer=0
output_btv=0							; set to 1 if you want Beyond TV chapter cutlist output
output_projectx=0						; set to 1 if you want ProjectX cutlist output (Xcl)
output_avisynth=0
output_vdr=0							; set to 1 if you want XBMC to skipping commercials
output_demux=0							; set to 1 if you want comskip to demux the mpeg file while scanning
sage_framenumber_bug=0
sage_minute_bug=0
live_tv=0								; set to 1 if you use parallelprocessing and need the output while recording
live_tv_retries=4						; change to 16 when using live_tv in BTV, used for mpeg PS and TS
dvrms_live_tv_retries=300				; only used for dvr_ms
standoff=0								; change to 8000000 when using live_tv in BTV
cuttermaran_options="cut=\"true\" unattended=\"true\" muxResult=\"false\" snapToCutPoints=\"true\" closeApp=\"true\""
Last edited by neIVIe515 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcgregormx

Post by mcgregormx »

So I haven't officially tried this configuration yet, but I was wondering what your experience on end-of-show recording cuts have been? One show I've seen issues with, no matter what I try, is, "the goldbergs", there is generally a segment at the end that has some historic footage that the episode is based off of, and it gets cut-out as a commercial. I was wondering if you have had any luck with it, or with something similar with another show? I'm going to give this config a try, and see what my results are!
neIVIe515 wrote:So I officially moved from Windows Media Center (WMC) recording using MCARDS to HDHomerun Prime using MCARDS. Knowing WMC is a dead feature the next best thing for me was HDHomerun Prime. I now have 3 HDHomerun Prime devices with MCARDS providing the cable subscription through Verizon FiOS. This gives me the capability to record 3 channels per device so a total of 9 tuners now. The new HDHomerun Primes device are at 6 tuners per device so i will consider upgrading when they are available. I'm not a huge fan of the HDHomerun DVR service but still subscribe. Its recording capabilities get more shows then i would want when it comes to only new showings. I've been using Plex and subscribed to the service also but did the forever price. Now Plex uses the HDHomerun's for Live TV streaming and recording. It also has the ability to remove commercials using the default comskip.ini. This brought me back and I wanted to see if I could build a default comskip.ini that worked with most shows. Plex records the show, removes the commercials and post them for viewing through SMART TVs, Fire TV devices, etc. The user defined conskip.ini gets placed in the DVR directory that you have to create under C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\DVR. I've been working with this general comskip.ini and instead of listing which shows it works with I'll list shows it has not worked great with so far.

Not working:

detect_method=47						; ON 1=black frame, ON 2=logo, ON 4=scene change, ON 8=fuzzy logic, 16=closed captions, ON 32=aspect ration, 64=silence, 128=cutscenes, 255=all
validate_silence=1						; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.
validate_uniform=1						; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues (like pure white frames) if blackframe is selected above.
validate_scenechange=1					; Default, set to 0 to force using this clues if selected above.
verbose=10								; show a lot of extra info, level 5 is also OK, set to 0 to disable
max_brightness=60      					; frame not black if any pixels checked are greater than this (scale 0 to 255)
test_brightness=40      				; frame not pure black if any pixels checked are greater than this, will check average brightness (scale 0 to 255)
max_avg_brightness=25					; maximum average brightness for a dim frame to be considered black (scale 0 to 255) 0 means autosetting
max_commercialbreak=600 				; maximum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break
min_commercialbreak=25					; minimum length in seconds to consider a segment a commercial break
max_commercial_size=125					; maximum time in seconds for a single commercial or multiple commercials if no breaks in between
min_show_segment_length=250 			; any segment longer than this will be scored towards show.
max_volume=500							; any frame with sound volume larger than this will not be regarded as black frame
min_silence=12							; Any deep silence longer than this amount  of frames is a possible cutpoint
logo_at_bottom=1						; Set to 1 to search only for logo at the lower half of the video, do not combine with subtitle setting
punish=0								; Compare to average for sum of 1=brightness, 2=uniform 4=volume, 8=silence, 16=schange, set to 0 to disable
punish_threshold=1.3					; Multiply when amount is above average * punish_threshold
punish_modifier=2						; When above average * threshold multiply score by this value
intelligent_brightness=0 				; Set to 1 to use a USA specific algorithm to tune some of the settings, not adviced outside the USA
logo_percentile=0.92					; if more then this amount of logo is found then logo detection will be disabled
logo_threshold=0.75
punish_no_logo=1						; Default, set to 0 to avoid show segments without logo to be scored towards commercial
connect_blocks_with_logo=1				; set to 1 if you want successive blocks with logo on the transition to be regarded as connected, set to 0 to disable
logo_filter=0               			; set the size of the filter to apply to bad logo detection, 4 seems to be a good value.
cut_on_ar_change=1						; set to 1 if you want to cut also on aspect ratio changes when logo is present, set to 2 to force cuts on aspect ratio changes. set to 0 to disable
delete_show_after_last_commercial=0		; set to 1 if you want to delete the last block if its a show and after a commercial
delete_show_before_or_after_current=1	; set to 1 if you want to delete the previous and the next show in the recording, this can lead to the deletion of trailers of next show
delete_block_after_commercial=0			; set to max size of block in seconds to be discarded, set to 0 to disable 
remove_before=0							; amount of seconds of show to be removed before ALL commercials
remove_after=0							; amount of seconds of show to be removed after ALL commercials
shrink_logo=5							; Reduce the duration of the logo with this amount of seconds
after_logo=0							; set to number of seconds after logo disappears comskip should start to search for silence to insert an additional cutpoint
padding=0
ms_audio_delay=5
volume_slip=40
skip_b_frames=0							; Set to 1 to force Comskip to skip frames for higher processing speed.
max_repair_size=200						; Will repair maximum 200 missing MPEG frames in the timeline, set to 0 to disable repairing for players that don't use PTS. 
disable_heuristics=4					; bit pattern for disabling heuristics, adding 1 disables heristics 1, adding 2 disables heristics 2, adding 4 disables heristics 3, 255  disables all heuristics 
delete_logo_file=0						; set to 1 if you want comskip to tidy up after finishing
output_framearray=0						; create a big excel file for detailed analysis, set to 0 to disable
output_data=0							; create a dump of the user data channel, used for CC and XDS (such as V-Chip info). Can be use together with output_framearray to remote debug CC decoding
output_videoredo=0
output_womble=0
output_mls=0							; set to 1 if you want MPeg Video Wizard bookmark file output
output_cuttermaran=0
output_mpeg2schnitt=0
output_mpgtx=0
output_dvrcut=0
output_edl=1
output_edlx=0
output_vcf=0
output_bsplayer=0
output_avisynth=0
output_demux=0							; set to 1 if you want comskip to demux the mpeg file while scanning
sage_framenumber_bug=0
sage_minute_bug=0
live_tv=0								; set to 1 if you use parallelprocessing and need the output while recording
live_tv_retries=4						; change to 16 when using live_tv in BTV, used for mpeg PS and TS
neIVIe515

Post by neIVIe515 »

Goldbergs is ABC. So the only thing i've done with this is AFV. Haven't had the tailing issue you are referring to. I've just recently had issue with Midnight Texas and it would remove a couple seconds before the commercial. Its coming on Friday so I'll see what I can find out with the new episode.
mcgregormx wrote:So I haven't officially tried this configuration yet, but I was wondering what your experience on end-of-show recording cuts have been? One show I've seen issues with, no matter what I try, is, "the goldbergs", there is generally a segment at the end that has some historic footage that the episode is based off of, and it gets cut-out as a commercial. I was wondering if you have had any luck with it, or with something similar with another show? I'm going to give this config a try, and see what my results are!
neIVIe515 wrote:So I officially moved from Windows Media Center (WMC) recording using MCARDS to HDHomerun Prime using MCARDS. Knowing WMC is a dead feature the next best thing for me was HDHomerun Prime. I now have 3 HDHomerun Prime devices with MCARDS providing the cable subscription through Verizon FiOS. This gives me the capability to record 3 channels per device so a total of 9 tuners now. The new HDHomerun Primes device are at 6 tuners per device so i will consider upgrading when they are available. I'm not a huge fan of the HDHomerun DVR service but still subscribe. Its recording capabilities get more shows then i would want when it comes to only new showings. I've been using Plex and subscribed to the service also but did the forever price. Now Plex uses the HDHomerun's for Live TV streaming and recording. It also has the ability to remove commercials using the default comskip.ini. This brought me back and I wanted to see if I could build a default comskip.ini that worked with most shows. Plex records the show, removes the commercials and post them for viewing through SMART TVs, Fire TV devices, etc. The user defined conskip.ini gets placed in the DVR directory that you have to create under C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\DVR. I've been working with this general comskip.ini and instead of listing which shows it works with I'll list shows it has not worked great with so far.

Not working:

logo_threshold=0.75
padding=0
ms_audio_delay=5
volume_slip=40
output_videoredo=0
output_womble=0
output_cuttermaran=0
output_mpeg2schnitt=0
output_mpgtx=0
output_dvrcut=0
output_edl=1
output_edlx=0
output_vcf=0
output_bsplayer=0
output_avisynth=0
sage_framenumber_bug=0
sage_minute_bug=0
hellboymike6565

Post by hellboymike6565 »

Hi all I'm new at this and was wondering and hoping someone can help. I recorded 77 Sunset Strip from MeTv from Verizon Fios. Commercials still are there. Can someone create an INI for me, please. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
neIVIe515

Post by neIVIe515 »

hellboymike6565 wrote:Hi all I'm new at this and was wondering and hoping someone can help. I recorded 77 Sunset Strip from MeTv from Verizon Fios. Commercials still are there. Can someone create an INI for me, please. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
I assume you've tried the ini above?
hellboymike6565

No i have not, so after i had submitted this message i decided to copy the ini on first post, then using notepad+, i pasted it onto the current ini that was there. I went into mceuddy system settings and added the path to comskip. Testing now, and thanks
hellboymike6565

It did not work, i see commercials still. Can someone help, please.