Input multiple logo files or extend range?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
jobrien2001

Input multiple logo files or extend range?

Post by jobrien2001 »

Hello,

Is it possible to add the --logo argument to accept multiple logo files?

I have cases where logos cannot be detected easily so i use a logo txt file to help. The problem is the logo can relocate to a different position.

I have tried to edit the min/max x/y values in the txt to cover the entire video so comskip would look for the logo anywhere but that does not seem to work.

Is there any way to get around this or does an enhancement have to be made?

Thank you
erik
Site Admin

Re: Input multiple logo files or extend range?

Post by erik »

No,

But you can select one pass logo which will continuously search for logo's and can process multiple logo's
jobrien2001

Post by jobrien2001 »

I didnt know about 2 pass preventing 2 logos from being found, the code comment on the ini file says it ensures best quality logo coverage so i had it checked. Did not realize it restarts at the first logo found.

I have a related question... When I specify ignore left side it seems to ignore all those pixels for all types of comskip processing. I wonder if there is a similar setting to ignore pixels JUST for logo finding.

For example: if i know the logo will pop up top right and top bottom i could specify to ignore 80% of the pixels left when looking for logo. The combination of ignoring pixels and relaxed logo finding settings such as filter and edge could prevent a lot of false positives and narrow the correct choice of logo.

Thanks for the quick reply.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

There is no such setting. Maybe a future feature