Basic questions...

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
runtmms

Basic questions...

Post by runtmms »

Basic questions...

What is the difference between min_show_segment_length and max_commercial_size. My understanding (probably wrong) is that if a block is over the min number it is counted as show; if it is over the max number it is counted as show. Doesn't that just make these the same? What happens if a block falls over the min but under the max?

Is there a way to delete the first block if it is show without doing anything to the end? I want to clip off the end of the first show before, but I don't want to risk cutting the trailers at the end.

Is the list of ini commands listed over at the Sage Community still the complete current list or is there one that is more current. It is supposedly for v0.62. http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi ... kipIniInfo

Thanks, Merlynn
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Did you read the tuning guide?
It should answer most of your questions.

The list at sage is very old.

The tuning guide inside the distribution zip file lists almost all tunable parameters.

I keep adding some but they are all listed in the changelog inside the readme.txt

min_show_segment_length is used in many heuristics calculations and in general it is a hint a segment longer then this is probably a show segment.

Any commercial (being a group of segments all regarded as commercial) longer than max_commercial_size is discarded as commercial.
That is why this should be large.