Sync errors

Where all the bugs are reported and discussed
Stuntman

Sync errors

Post by Stuntman »

Has anybody else had an issue with SageTV playback using the comskip .stvi and Erik's comskip .txt files? What I am seeing is a frequent 'stutter' which then causes sagetv to lose it's audio sync with the video.. if I FF or REW or skip, everything is forced to sync back up..

I'd love to work this out as I was AMAZED by comskips accuracy.. I had been using ShowAnalyzer.. which works well (no skips or sync issues), but doesn't seem to detect as accurately as comskip for me.

Thanks in advance!
Stuntman

Follow up to sync issues

Post by Stuntman »

This is with SageTV.. do I need to turn on the two options I see for sage in the .ini file?

I see this in my log file.. perhaps this is pointing to what is causing my audio sync to go?

Video PTS jumped -5830 frames, frame numbers may be incorrect

First Frame
Frame: 1 MinY: 10 MaxY: 470 Ratio: 1.05
Audio PTS jumped -5818 frames at frame 0, audio may get out of sync
Audio PTS jumped 1 frames at frame 3, repairing timeline
Audio PTS jumped 1 frames at frame 68, repairing timeline
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Yes,

You should turn on the two options for sagetv to have workarounds for sagetv bugs.

There is no way comskip can cause sync errors in audio.
Only when you would use a mpeg editor or cutter that does a bad job you can get audio sync errors and comskip does not do anything to the mpeg file.
Stuntman

Post by Stuntman »

erik wrote:Yes,

You should turn on the two options for sagetv to have workarounds for sagetv bugs.

There is no way comskip can cause sync errors in audio.
Only when you would use a mpeg editor or cutter that does a bad job you can get audio sync errors and comskip does not do anything to the mpeg file.
I'll turn those on.. and try again!

Thanks!