vih files

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
linguica101

vih files

Post by linguica101 »

is there a command in the comskip ini file that i can input so that the vih files aren't created?
marvin-miller

Re: vih files

Post by marvin-miller »

VIH files? Are you using DVRMS-Toolbox?

Unless I'm mistaken those are files created by the GetVideoInfo command in one of the profiles....
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Comskip does not create these files
linguica101

Post by linguica101 »

marvin-miller wrote:VIH files? Are you using DVRMS-Toolbox?

Unless I'm mistaken those are files created by the GetVideoInfo command in one of the profiles....
yes, i am using dvrms-toolbox. I guess maybe they're necessary (the VIH files?) I'm not too familiar with dvrmstoolbox. I'm mainly using it because of the filewatcher feature and to tell comskip when to scan for commericals. So I'm not sure if I need the GetVideoInfo command for this to work? Maybe there is another automated program i can use to watch my folder and tell comskip when to scan for commercials and create the necessary .xml file for wmc7?
marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller »

If you have video redo you can use VAP. DVRMS-Toolbox is really good, it's the swiss-army knife of manipulating files. You can usually delete the line in the profile (the get video info line) and it usually won't cause you any issues :mrgreen: