Update Windows Media Center to comskip82_009

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
GaryDZ

Update Windows Media Center to comskip82_009

Post by GaryDZ »

It has been 2+ years since I updated comskip....

Sorry... might be a dumb question

I am using Windows 7 with WMC. I did not see the "instructions" in the read me file--- which made me question if it was still working in WMC?

IS it?

And to upgrade--- do I just copy it to the same director and allow it to over write?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Update Windows Media Center to comskip82_009

Post by erik »

Yes and no.

It works with WMC but the newest build only works on windows 10
It because mingw, the tool chain I have to use because of libavcodec, has caused an incompatibility.
I hope this problem will be solved

Upgrade would otherwise be simply to replace comskip.exe with the new build
GaryDZ

Post by GaryDZ »

erik wrote: It works with WMC but the newest build only works on windows 10
It because mingw, the tool chain I have to use because of libavcodec, has caused an incompatibility.
Upgrade would otherwise be simply to replace comskip.exe with the new build
3- more questions:

1) Is there a stable WMC for Windows 10? I am only keeping 7 on my HTPC because of WMC. I have not found any other "current" program as good.

2) If there is not work around for current version of Comskip/Win7 --- what is the most recent version of ComSkip that still work under Win7?

3) What software is the everyone using, i.e. What is the best replacement for WMC. I have not researched it for a few years. I have a Lifetime Licence for EMBY. I use it for remote access of TV and Recorded Media.

Thanks Again...
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

1) No to my knowledge
2) build 003
3) I am using NextPVR, its completely free and includes emby integration
GaryDZ

Post by GaryDZ »

Thanks for all the responses....

This is a continuation of the discussion, but a little off topic.

I installed and setup NextPVR last night... It is very nice, considering it is free. It was EZ to setup.

Comparing it to WMC, I think I will continue with WMC.

I will play with NextPVR settings more and see if there are "Plug-Ins or mods to see if I can get it the way i like.

It is very nice for FREE, but WMC, even OLD, seems to do a better job.

I didn't like that when you click on a show in the guide that it opens a screen and then you have to click watch. It then takes a couple seconds to load--- Changing channels takes several steps and is much slower than WMC.

I use Media Browser Classic to organize my Videos--- much nicer than the interface for NextPVR

I will continue to use the older Comskip. Not sure if I misread the post--- but it sounded like the Issue for it not working in Win7, might be "fixed" in the future--- Am I correct?

Gary DZ
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

You are correct