Viewing video with cut list info

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
SenorSmartyPants

Viewing video with cut list info

Post by SenorSmartyPants »

I'm just starting to play with comskip and I'm not sure how to test out the results while playing a video.

I installed comskip82_003 on Windows 7. I tried using comskipGUI.exe by double clicking on it but a CMD window just comes up and disappears. So I ran it from the commandline and it generated info and an EDL file like I wanted it to, but just console output, no GUI.

I even tried the --play option to see if that would display my cut list results with the video, but it just seemed to try and generate a new cut list.

Any help or pointers?
erik
Site Admin

Re: Viewing video with cut list info

Post by erik »

Drag and drop a recording onto COmskipGUI.exe
Or start COmskipGUI.exe with the path to the recording as a parameter
Both actions will start a command window and after some seconds the video window will appear
SenorSmartyPants

Re: Viewing video with cut list info

Post by SenorSmartyPants »

Ok. That works fine for marking. When I add -s to play the video loads up but doesn't play. I found that if I hold space down it will frame advance.

I guess what I'm trying to find is a way to play the video with the cut list information, so I can visually see a timeline of where the commercials were found. Instead of having to look at the time codes and find that spot in the video.

I'm guessing I will have to do some tuning and this would help me.

Also, is there a write up of what all the colored lines and dots on the video mean?

Thanks for this cool program.