Parameters question

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
Nightwalker

Parameters question

Post by Nightwalker »

Erik:

I wonder if you would explain what the line below means and does.

delete_show_before_or_after_current=1

I'm finding my wife likes the clips from the last show when they are there. I saw the line saying

delete_show_after_last_commercial=0

I've set it as above thinking that it won't mark that last bit of show and previews as commercial.

Does that first line have anything to do with that or is there as corresponding line like

delete_show_before_first_commercial=0

line i missed somewhere that can be set?

Hoping this makes sense to you :)
az1324

Post by az1324 »

I saw an answer to this question on the gbpvr forums. It said it has something to do with deleting the previews for next week from the end of the show.
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

Well...., if comskip could understand what is being transmitted then yes but that is not possible.

So the rules are as following.

If there is good logo recognition and there are two show segments at the beginning and the two show segments are separated by a very short non show segment or only by a black frame and delete_show_before_or_after_current is set to 1 then the first of the two show segments is deleted. The same is true for the last two show segments.
This works because in some situations the logo disappears shortly between the main show and preveiws and for some reason such as aspect ratio or black frame comskip creates two segments.

The other rule is:
If there is a commercial at the last part of the recording and after that commercial there is again some show segment and delete_show_after_last_commercial is set to 1 then this last show segment is deleted. This works very good when you apply post padding in the recording so you are almost sure to record the first part of the next show and you don't want that to be included. The simple rules is to enable this only when you apply postpadding