USA OTA HD

Here you can post working ini files
Use the country name as the subject line. Do include names of broadcasters this ini works for at the top of the post. Additional ini files for the same country an be added by replying. Discussion to be done in Tuning forum.
Mountainbreeze

Re: USA OTA HD

Post by Mountainbreeze »

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.
Mountainbreeze

Post by Mountainbreeze »

I tried setting punish_no_logo to zero and that didn't help any. So then I tried following the tuning guide (which apparently needs to be revised) with no real changes. I noticed that the log window near the end of processing said it was (I don't recall exactly) 103% complete!? Now that giving it all you've got!

I was looking at the video using VideoRedo and noticed that the total frame count did not match what Comskip claimed to process by over 12,000 frames (maybe there is no correlation between the two - I don't know). Anyway, that led to doing a "QuickStreamFix" in video redo - not that I expected that to do much but I thought it may be worth a try. As it turns out, that did it. Now the start of the show is properly identified - go figure.
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

Did this happen on more than 1 recording? Could it have been a bad recording? Comskip has occasional difficulty when running parallel in HD which is why I'm asking. This also could explain the frame count... If the problem persists, think about setting comskip to run after the recording is done.
Did you add the line always_keep_first_seconds=360? I'd be curious to see if this "forced" comskip to play nicely.
Mountainbreeze

Post by Mountainbreeze »

So far, I have only been working with this one recording. I don't think the recording was "bad" per se but it wasn't without some errors. VideoRedo reported that it removed 23 audio resync frames and that it had 1 input sequence error (whatever those mean). There were no noticeable errors/glitches/pixilation/etc. observed when watching the recording. The comskip process was run hours after the recording completed - no parallel processing while recording.

Adding the line always_keep_first_seconds=360 worked to the extent that the first commercial detected was found at the 8:40 mark (which is correct).
erik
Site Admin

Post by erik »

The first frames can have bitstream errors that confuse comskip
Videoredo Quickstreamfix will throw away initial incomplete frames solving this problem
Doubledose

Post by Doubledose »

WhiteKnight
Do you have an ini that works well with abc nightly news and 1 that works well with abc weekend news. These 2 programs give me the most trouble and I have tinkered with the ini's for both as I use different ones for each one of them. They seem to run about 14-15 minutes before first commercial and then several small segments after that that I have trouble with.
Thanks
Wayne
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

For those shows that come "close" I end up tinkering with these settings.
remove_before=?
remove_after=?
padding=?

Some of my shows I end up with a padding of 20, remove_before=18, and remove_after=0. The max_commercial_size=? is the most important factor for my .ini though. My nightly news was a bad recording so I don't have any information about that, but my weekend news worked. I can't remember if those were 30 minute shows or 1 hour, but my .ini is tailored towards hour shows so the max commercial size is going to be off. I remember Simpsons giving me a bad time...