is there any way to specify where to output the .xml file?

Here you can ask your questions on how to use Comskip for the detection of commercials. Also questions on how to remove commercials are welcome
JustinChase

is there any way to specify where to output the .xml file?

Post by JustinChase »

I was using DVRMSToolbox to check mpg files, and it puts the .xml file in R:\commercials, which WMC reads/uses fine.

I found another tool that will quickly convert the wtv to mpg, then run comskip, saving a step, but I can't figure out how to put the .xml files in this location, so DTBaddin can find/use it there?

I saw a profile to get DVRMSToolbox to convert the wtv files to mpg, but it took forever, which made me think it was transcoding, which i don't need or want.

I'm still pretty new to all this, but think I have a bit of a handle on it now. None of the 5 or 6 decent online guides I found has a solid solution to make this simple, they all had bits missing
Meklos

Re: is there any way to specify where to output the .xml fil

Post by Meklos »

There is an easier way. The new version of comskip can read wtv files directly... but it is still in testing and available to contributors only. It is also quite a bit faster.

It was well worth the $10 contribution. I went through all the options, the other programs, tossing and converting the files all around - but in the end it was just simpler and better to use DVRMSToolbox and comskip.

Right now I'm working on the batch job instead of using file watcher, since the file watcher routine still takes quite a bit of time even if the file has already been processed. The batch job does it much faster, but I don't know how it handles files currently being recorded.
serge

Re: is there any way to specify where to output the .xml fil

Post by serge »

Meklos (or anyone else),

Please share your DVRMSToolbox settings (preferably screenshots). I am using Windows 7 MCE and am experiencing intermittent issues. I'm a newbie (probably pretty obvious), and am trying to isolate where my issues are so I can determine what questions to ask.

Thanks