Hallmark Channel Movies

To discuss the tuning of comskip and for posting your ini files
Jimbronie

Hallmark Channel Movies

Post by Jimbronie »

Hi all,
I download a bunch of Hallmark Holiday movies with cTivo which has comskip functionality.

It has been rock solid removing commercials from the movies for offline viewing. However, lately, it has been clipping the first 30 or so seconds of the movie. Hallmark has a bunch of transitions from one program to the next so I realize it is tough to get perfect but for the most part it has been dead on until recently.

I was doing searches for any hallmark ini files but didn’t find anything. I tried to Keep first xxx. That was great, it kept the first 30 or so seconds of program but the after the 30 seconds it would clip the beginning of the movie, so that didn’t work. I am fooling around with the Max Brightness but getting mixed results. (I went down to 10 and as high as 25. 30 was the default). All other values are set up as the default.

Any suggestions on hooks I can adjust to fix this? What would be great is to be able to pad only the first commercial cut but I don’t think you can set a pad for only 1 cut. Correct?

Thanks for any help and to the admin for getting my account verified.
erik
Site Admin

Re: Hallmark Channel Movies

Post by erik »

If you follow the "how to ask for help" post I will have a look